Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Can't Wait Wednesday: The Eyes of Tamburah (Archives of the Invisible Sword #1) by Maria V. Snyder

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring The Eyes of Tamburah (Archives of the Invisible Sword #1) by Maria V. Snyder releasing February 1. I'm so excited that this book is finally being released in the U.S. It was first released in Australia and New Zealand in 2019. Maria V. Snyder is one of my favorite authors, so it was torture knowing others were reading it, and yet not being able to get my hands on it. 

About the Book
'He thinks you are the thief...'

Shyla is a researcher who resides in the underground desert city of Zirdai, which is ruled by the wealthy Water Prince and brutal Heliacal Priestess. Even though Shyla is sun-kissed - an outcast, considered cursed by the Sun Goddess - she is still renowned for uncovering innumerable archaic facts, lost artefacts, ancient maps and obscure historical documents. Her quiet life is about to change when Banqui, an archaeologist, enlists her services to find The Eyes of Tamburah: legendary gemstones that bestow great magic on their wielder. These ancient objects can tip the balance of power and give whoever possesses them complete control of the city.

But chaos erupts when The Eyes are stolen soon after they're found - and Shyla is blamed for the theft. Forced to flee, with the Prince's soldiers and the Priestess's deacons on her trail, Shyla must recover the jewels and clear her name. A quest that will unearth secrets even more valuable than The Eyes of Tamburah themselves...


What upcoming release are you eagerly awaiting?

18 comments:

  1. Oh, me too! I actually ended up buying the foreign copy through Book Depository last year (before I saw this was going to be released in the US), but haven't gotten to it yet. I hope we both love it!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we both love it too! It's always exciting to have something new to read from Maria V. Snyder. :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds fun! I like the archaeology element.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archaeology is always so great to read about. :)

      Delete
  3. What an interesting world this is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been so long since I read a Maria V. Snyder book so I definitely need to catch up on her titles sometime. Hope you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Her books always wind up being some of my favorites. :)

      Delete
  5. I've not read this author, but this definitely sounds right up my street. How frustrating that it wasn't released everywhere at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so frustrating, but I'm happy it's finally being released here now. :)

      Delete
  6. I need to make a point of reading this author this year. I always hear such great things about her books. This sounds like it will be good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books are awesome. I think you'd really like them. :)

      Delete
  7. That's awesome that they're finally releasing this one in the U.S. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited! And as an added bonus, the whole series is supposed to be released this year! So YAY for not having to wait a year (or more) between books. :)

      Delete
  8. I finally read something by this author last year and I really liked it, so I need to read more! Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
    Lisa Loves Literature's Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. After a quiet spell of books that were sort of mediocre, a whole new batch of books by authors I enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always exciting for new books from favorite authors. Hope you enjoy them. :)

      Delete