Thursday, May 2, 2019

Review: Kitty Confidential (Pet Whisperer PI #1) by Molly Fitz

About the Book
I was just your normal twenty-something with seven associate degrees and no idea what I wanted to do with my life. That is, until I died… Well, almost.

As if a near-death experience at the hands of an old coffeemaker wasn’t embarrassing enough, I woke up to find I could talk to animals. Or rather one animal in particular.

His full name is Octavius Maxwell Ricardo Edmund Frederick Fulton, but since that’s way too long for anyone to remember, I’ve taken to calling him Octo-Cat. He talks so fast he can be difficult to understand, but seems to be telling me that his late owner didn’t die of natural causes like everyone believes.

Well, now it looks like I no longer have a choice, apparently my life calling is to serve as Blueberry Bay’s first ever pet whisperer P.I while maintaining my façade as a paralegal at the offices of Fulton, Thompson & Associates.

I just have one question: How did Dr. Doolittle make this gig look so easy?


My Thoughts

How cool would it be to talk to animals? I'd love to know what my dogs and goats are thinking. Well, in Kitty Confidential, after Angie Russo has a near death experience, she wakes up with the gift (or maybe curse?) of being able to communicate with animals. The first one being a cat who's owner has just died. The cat knows she was murdered and demands that Angie catch the culprit.

Kitty Confidential was a fun story. It was kinda ridiculous, but I had a good time reading it. The mystery was a little lacking for me, though. Angie's not the greatest detective, but I'm hopeful her skills will grow in the future. I've never been much of a cat person, but Octo-Cat was great. He's certainly spoiled, but he's so hilarious and is sweet in his own cat-like way. I'll be picking up a copy of the next book to see what happens next.

3.5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of cat cozies, but I do think it would be a lot of fun to be able to talk to animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it'd be fun too! Thanks for coming by, Lark! :)

      Delete