Monday, November 12, 2018

Review: Shadow of Intrigue (Lantern Beach Romantic Suspense #2) by Christy Barritt

About the Book
For her entire life, Lisa Garth has felt like a supporting character in the drama of life. The designation never bothered her—until now. Lantern Beach, where she’s settled and runs a popular restaurant, has boarded up for the season. The slower pace leaves her with too much time alone.

Braden Dillinger came to Lantern Beach to try to heal. The former Special Forces officer returned from battle with invisible scars and diminished hope. But his recovery is hampered by the fact that an unknown enemy is trying to kill him.

From the moment Lisa and Braden meet, danger ignites around them, and both are drawn into a web of intrigue that turns their lives upside down. As shadows creep in, will Lisa and Braden be able to shine a light on the peril around them? Or will the encroaching darkness turn their worst nightmares into reality?


My Thoughts

Shadow of Intrigue is the second book in the Lantern Beach Romantic Suspense series. If you haven't read any of the other Lantern Beach books, that's fine. This book stands alone great.

I think I like Lisa even more after this book. She's sweet and super likeable. She was my favorite supporting character in the Lantern Beach Mysteries so it was great to finally get her story. She's this quirky chef who comes up with all kinds of unique flavor combinations that just somehow work and are totally delicious. I want her to be my friend. She's awesome.

Braden was an interesting character. He's paranoid but has every right to be. Someone's trying to kill him. There's been multiple attempts on his life and with his memory acting up, he feels like he's losing his mind and starts to wonder what's real and what's not. I really liked him. He's struggling but trying so hard to overcome it all. I couldn't help but root for him.

Shadow of Intrigue was a little slower paced than previous books but in no way does that mean it was any less great. I really enjoyed this trip back to Lantern Beach and can't wait to visit it again soon!

Four Stars

2 comments:

  1. These books sound like a lot of fun. But I'm not sure I'd want to live in Lantern Beach. Seems like there's always something dangerous and life-threatening going on there. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm right there with you! I love reading about Lantern Beach but it's probably not a place I'd want to visit. Thanks for visiting, Lark! Happy reading! :)

      Delete