Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday: A Bound Heart by Laura Frantz

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring A Bound Heart by Laura Frantz releasing January 1, 2019.

About the Book
Though Magnus MacLeish and Lark MacDougall grew up on the same castle grounds, Magnus is now laird of the great house and the Isle of Kerrera. Lark is but the keeper of his bees and the woman he is hoping will provide a tincture that might help his ailing wife conceive and bear him an heir. But when his wife dies suddenly, Magnus and Lark find themselves caught up in a whirlwind of accusations, expelled from their beloved island, and sold as indentured servants across the Atlantic. Yet even when all hope seems dashed against the rocky coastline of the Virginia colony, it may be that in this New World the two of them could make a new beginning--together.

Laura Frantz's prose sparkles with authenticity and deep feeling as she digs into her own family history to share this breathless tale of love, exile, and courage in Colonial America.
 

Why I Need It
I always enjoy Laura Frantz's historical romances and greatly anticipate her new releases. This synopsis doesn't grab my attention like some of her previous ones have but I'm sure the actual story will be awesome. And is it just me, or does the cover model look like Demelza from Poldark?

What upcoming release are you excited about?

16 comments:

  1. I love historical fiction and colonial America is such an awesome backdrop! Hope this one is good. That cover really does kinda evoke the time period!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colonial America really is a great time period for historical fiction. I always love learning more about that time. Thanks for coming by, Greg! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  2. My head is bent in shame. I haven't read any Laura Frantz yet (and she just won a Christy Award!). I did request this one so hopefully that statistic will change very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books are awesome! I was so excited when I saw that she won the Christy Award! Hopefully you'll be able to read this one soon. I also highly recommend her Ballantyne series. Those are some of my all-time favorite historical fictions ever. Thanks for visiting, Suzie! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  3. She does look like Demelza and I’m intrigued by this one, Ashley. It’s good ot know you already love this author! I hope you enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books always transport me right into the setting. Love authors that can do that. Thanks for stopping by, Jennifer! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen Poldark to know but I love her hair. It's amazing. I haven't read anything by this author but I do love a good HR every now and than. I hope you enjoy this one!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her hair is so great! I wish mine looked like that! Thanks for visiting, Mary! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Ashley, I am really getting into historical fiction, this one looks lovely - and that cover! So beautiful.

    Here is my Wednesday post. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this cover too! So great! Thanks for coming by, Sassy! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by, Ronyell! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It really is! Thanks for stopping by, Lark! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  8. It's been a long time since I read a good historical romance especially one set in colonial times. This sounds fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great time period to read about! Thanks for visiting, Michelle! Happy reading! :)

      Delete