Thursday, September 28, 2023

Review: You Make It Feel Like Christmas by Toni Shiloh

About the Book (From Amazon)
It's the most wonderful time of the year--for everyone except Starr Lewis.

As if going home for the holidays jobless and single wasn't bad enough, she's dragged into a holiday season full of activities leading up to her sister's uber-romantic Christmas Eve wedding--to Starr's ex-boyfriend. But when her brother's best friend, Waylon Emmerson, attends their family Thanksgiving, she starts to wonder if maybe coming home for Christmas isn't so bad after all.

As Starr finds the perfect distraction in helping Waylon make over his late mother's Christmas shop, the most wonderful time of the year works its magic and the spark between them grows. But with the holidays fast approaching, Starr must decide what she wants out of life after the gifts are unwrapped and the ornaments are put away--to go back to New York City or to open her heart to a love that will last beyond Christmas Day?


MY THOUGHTS

I really enjoyed this sweet Christmas romance. It lifted my spirits and brought a smile to my face.

Reluctantly back home for the holidays after losing her job, Starr’s hopeful she can keep her unemployed status a secret from her family, all while feigning happiness for her sister’s impending Christmas Eve wedding to her ex-boyfriend. Talk about a complicated holiday!

I liked Starr a lot. She was nice, genuine, and down to earth. She was an easy character to root for. Waylon was such a sweet and caring guy who I couldn't help falling for. His cheesy one-liners made me laugh. I loved watching their genuine friendship grow into more. And since they already knew each other, their speedy relationship felt natural.

I enjoyed getting to know the Lewis family. Well, some more than others. Angel was a handful, to say the least. She was so self-centered. She treated Starr so badly, and I don't even know if she realized it because she was so focused on herself. But, other than Angel, I really liked the other Lewis siblings and enjoyed seeing the dynamic between them.

This sweet romance is sure to put you in the holiday spirit. I highly recommend it!

I received a copy of this book via NetGalley and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my own honest opinion.

FOUR STARS

2 comments:

  1. This does sound like a cute Christmas romance. And my library has a couple copies of it...yay!

    ReplyDelete