Thursday, September 28, 2023

Book Beginnings, First Line Friday, & Friday 56: He Walks Among Us (True Crime Junkies #2) by Christy Barritt

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two. I'm also linking up with Carrie at Reading is My Superpower for First Line Friday. (Friday 56 is on hiatus right now, but I'll still be participating.)

This week I'm featuring He Walks Among Us (True Crime Junkies #2) by Christy Barritt

About the Book
With a killer walking among them, no one is safe . . .

When the newly formed Arctic Circle Murder Club meets in Fairbanks, Alaska, to investigate the mystery of the Missing Women of Dalton Highway, their plans take a gruesome turn.

Upon the group’s arrival at the hotel, three women’s frozen bodies are pulled from the nearby river. When a friend of one of the victims pleads for help finding out who's behind the murders, how can they say no?

The club must detour from their original plan and dive into the recesses of a killer’s mind before another victim is claimed. As they seek the truth behind the murders, opposition hits them at every turn. Shocking revelations from the past along with brimming conflict threaten to end the group just as they’ve started.

Can this group of true crime podcasters uncover someone’s dark secrets before one of their own plunges into an icy grave?

Book Beginnings / First Line Friday
No one has ever really loved me.

Friday 56
Their murder board had been destroyed. All the papers once on it had been ripped down. The board had been dented as if someone had tried to break it in half.

What have you been reading lately?

14 comments:

  1. Between the description and the quotes, I'm getting a chill from this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too! My first thought after reading the first chapter was, "This is chilling, and not just the temperature." The villain in this one is truly creepy. Hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Isn't it? I love reading books set there. Hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for participating in BBOF! I like the idea of continuing Friday 56 even while Frida is on hiatus. I'll do the same thing next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting Book Beginnings. It's so fun to participate every week! Hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete
  4. The Arctic Circle Murder Club? That alone makes me want to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's such a fun name! They're a great group of characters, and it's fun watching them work together to try to solve cold cases. Hope you have a great week, Lark! :)

      Delete
  5. Someone definitely doesn't want them to solve the murders, do they? Love those excerpts. Thank you for sharing! Have a great weekend, Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by! Hope you've had a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  6. I'm currently reading Can't Help Falling by Courtney Walsh. I love this book so much!!!
    "My Chad date was...fine."
    I hope you have a great weekend. 😀❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to read this one. It sounds awesome! Hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete
  7. Just the title made me want to know more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by, Lauren! Have a great week! :)

      Delete