Thursday, September 21, 2023

Book Beginnings, First Line Friday, & Friday 56: You Make It Feel Like Christmas by Toni Shiloh

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two. I'm also linking up with Carrie at Reading is My Superpower for First Line Friday. (Friday 56 is on hiatus right now, but I'll still be participating.)

This week I'm featuring You Make It Feel Like Christmas by Toni Shiloh. Yep, another Christmas story this week. I can't stop, lol! :)

About the Book (From Amazon)
It's the most wonderful time of the year--for everyone except Starr Lewis.

As if going home for the holidays jobless and single wasn't bad enough, she's dragged into a holiday season full of activities leading up to her sister's uber-romantic Christmas Eve wedding--to Starr's ex-boyfriend. But when her brother's best friend, Waylon Emmerson, attends their family Thanksgiving, she starts to wonder if maybe coming home for Christmas isn't so bad after all.

As Starr finds the perfect distraction in helping Waylon make over his late mother's Christmas shop, the most wonderful time of the year works its magic and the spark between them grows. But with the holidays fast approaching, Starr must decide what she wants out of life after the gifts are unwrapped and the ornaments are put away--to go back to New York City or to open her heart to a love that will last beyond Christmas Day?

Book Beginnings / First Line Friday
Thanksgiving Day
Washington, DC
Starr Lewis hated to return home a failure, but at least she had the cover of the holiday season to hide her embarrassment.

Friday 56
Lord, I don't know what to do with this information. Should I just let it go? Talk to Starr about it? Share it with Noel?

What have you been reading lately?

8 comments:

  1. I'm featuring a holiday book as well, one that is a bit of a mashup.

    Yours sounds good. The quotes were both intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your book sounds like so much fun! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. Hmm. I always want to read holiday books in December, when everyone else wants to read them so I never ending up with them in my hands during the right month. Guess I should try October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always so many holiday books that I want to read but I can never seem to get to them all in December. So I though, why not start early? :D

      Delete
  3. I am fully immersed in fall reads! I am SO not ready for the Christmas books, but this one is on my radar! I hope you enjoy it. Have a good weekend, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy! I loved it! Hope you have a good weekend too! :)

      Delete
  4. Another one for my Christmas/holiday romance reading list! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really sweet one, Lark. I think you'd enjoy it. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

      Delete