Thursday, April 13, 2023

Review: Fraser (Minnesota Marshalls #1) by Susan May Warren

About the Book
Fraser Marshall is pretty sure his career as a Spec Ops fighter is over. Yes, he’s gone into private security, working for Jones, Inc, but his last gig ended with him wounded and taken captive. And those wounds just won’t heal. The last thing he wants to do is stick around his family’s winery pressing grapes. But what choices does he have?

The answer comes via a panicked phone call from his kid brother, Creed.

Help, Fraser. I’m in over my head…

Yeah he is, because he’s run away with a princess, with her bodyguard hot on the trail. And said bodyguard, Pippa Butler is going to hunt them down, no matter the cost.

Even if she has to join forces with a bossy, arrogant former American SEAL. But Pippa has her own set of lethal skills, and if Fraser gets in the way, she’ll leave him on the side of the road. Still, maybe he’s not a terrible side-kick. He is handsome, and he makes her laugh…

No, no, bad Pippa! She has no room for a man—an American—in her life. And Fraser hasn’t ever considered slowing down. Even if Pippa has him wondering if there is a different future ahead.

But there’s more to the story than a Romeo-and-Juliet runaway romance. Princess Imani has seen a murder, and the perpetrator isn’t going to let her get away. Will Fraser and Pippa find the couple first?

And if they do, can they work together to keep them safe?

It’ll be tough if their hearts get in the way…

Amazon / Goodreads

MY THOUGHTS

What a great start to this new series! Fraser has appeared in some of Susan May Warren's previous books, so I was excited that he finally got his own story. And while it took me a couple of chapters to really be pulled in, it wasn't long before I became fully invested and was zooming through the pages as fast as possible. In fact, there were times when I forgot I was reading. I was so into it, and things were so lifelike, that I felt like I was right there in the thick of it all. I love when that happens.

I've always liked Fraser, and this book just reiterated that fact. I really felt for him as he dealt with a potentially career-altering injury. It was a tough thing to come to grips with, but I loved his tenacity.

Pippa was a royal bodyguard for Princess Imani of Lauchtenland. (And can I just say how cool the tie-in to Rachel Hauck's True Blue Royal series was!) She seemed very serious and no-nonsense in the beginning. I admired her commitment to her job, and I loved getting to know her better as the story progressed.

The first time Fraser and Pippa meet? Talk about memorable, lol! Their chemistry was off-the-charts right from the get-go. And I loved their banter! They made such a great pair!

I highly recommend this book to fans of romantic suspense and am so excited for the next one in the series!

FOUR STARS

Favorite Quotes:
“God hasn’t forgotten you. There’s a plan. You just don’t know it yet. But when you’re ready to get back into the game, He’ll tell you.”

“Fraser, the strength of your faith hinges on your faith that God is still doing good in your life despite all the challenges. It’s now that you have to dig deep into your foundation of truth.”

Faith is what holds us together. It’s our foundation when the world is shattering around us. It’s the belief in a bigger picture. A bigger reason. It’s the hope that we have when we realize we are not enough.”

“Evil won’t win. It never really wins. It only looks that way from the ground. But that’s what it feels like when all we trust in is ourselves.”

No comments:

Post a Comment