Thursday, April 27, 2023

Book Beginnings, First Line Friday, & Friday 56: Recovered Secrets by Jessica R. Patch

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two. I'm also linking up with Carrie at Reading is My Superpower for First Line Friday.

This week I'm featuring Recovered Secrets by Jessica R. Patch.

About the Book
When a woman with amnesia is targeted by assassins, a Mississippi detective is out to piece together her past in this inspirational romantic thriller.

Two years ago, Grace Thackery washed up on a small-town Mississippi riverbank with no memory of who she was or how she got there. But now she has just discovered the first clue about her past: someone wants her dead. And while search-and-rescue director Hollis Montgomery is determined to protect her, the secrets of her mysterious life are darker than they expected. Can the bond between Grace and Hollis survive her true identity . . . and an assassin?


Book Beginnings / First Line Friday
Grace Thackery was living on a borrowed name; she'd lost every single memory prior to the past year and a half since she'd awakened from a six-month coma.

Friday 56
Hollis put a finger to his lips, then motioned with two fingers his intent to sneak up on whoever had kicked in the door and disable him.

What have you been reading lately?

20 comments:

  1. Amnesia and assassins? Sounds tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. Intense and intriguing snippets!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm becoming a huge fan of this author. I've loved everything I've read by her and want to read more. Have a great weekend, Cindy! :)

      Delete
  4. I know that amnesia is a literary trope but I often wonder how often it actually happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wondered that too. It can't be as common as it is in books, right? Hope you have a great weekend, Anne! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow! What a first line. 🙂

    Happy Friday!
    I'm currently reading A Novel Proposal by Denise Hunter.
    "Every ounce of Sadie's travel fatigue fled at one sight of her summer digs."
    I hope you have a great weekend! 🙂❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to get caught up on Denise Hunter's books. This one sounds really good! Hope you have a great weekend, Nicole! :)

      Delete
  6. "Living on a borrowed name"...what a great opening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I was hooked right then! Hope you have a great rest of the weekend, Lark! :)

      Delete
  7. My first line this week is from When Tomorrow Comes by Hannah Linder
    London’s East End March 1801

    Impulse made Heath Duncan’s hands slick, made his young muscles tighten with the urge to sprint away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really interested in this one. I love a good gothic-type romance. Thanks for sharing! Happy reading, Paula! :)

      Delete
  8. That sounds like a book I need to read!

    Hope you're having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! Hope you're having a good one too! :)

      Delete
  9. I enjoy Love Inspired Suspense and Jessica Patch's books are so good! I'm just starting The Swindler's Daughter by Stephenia H. McGee. The first line is: "Atlanta, Georgia, May 2, 1912 ~ Her entire life was a sham." Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! Great first line! I love her books, so I'm looking forward to this one. Hope you have a great week too! :)

      Delete