Monday, February 27, 2023

Review: Not on My Botch (The Worst Detective Ever Book 11) by Christy Barritt

About the Book
She never thought she’d have to fight for the leading role in her own life . . .

Actress Joey Darling enjoys playing the part of Detective Raven Remington on her TV show Relentless. But for now, she’s enjoying some downtime with her new husband, Jackson Sullivan.

Joey’s peace is shattered when a woman comes into town, who not only looks and sounds like Joey, but who claims to actually be Joey. The resemblance is uncanny, but Joey has blundered her way through too many real-life episodes to let some impersonator ruin her life. She sets out to unmask this imposter and put an end to the woman’s charade.

But the real-life plot isn’t wrapped up in a nice, tidy bow like on TV. The case of her stolen identity soon turns into a dangerous fight for survival.

Will Joey have the chance to write the script for her own life? Or will her plans be botched one final time?

Available in Kindle Unlimited at time of posting

MY THOUGHTS

I absolutely loved this book! This is my favorite Christy Barritt series, so I was excited to see what kind of trouble Joey would find herself in this time.

Someone's wreaking havoc for Joey as they impersonate her, drawing attention wherever they go, all around town. I was just as curious as Joey to find out why they were doing it. What was their endgame? I couldn't read fast enough and finished it in record time.

I don't want to say too much, but there was also a bombshell revelation that, if true, has the potential to turn Joey's life upside down. If you're looking for fun and fast-paced mysteries that you can't put down, check out this series. You won't be disappointed.

FIVE STARS

6 comments:

  1. Despite hearing so many good things about Christy's books from the Instagram readers, I don't think I've ever read one by her. She does always have the fun titles and plots though so maybe someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She releases new books so quickly it's hard to keep up, but I've enjoyed everything I've read by her. This series is my favorite though. It's a ton of fun! :)

      Delete
  2. I wish my library had this series! It sounds so fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a bummer. Maybe one of these days they'll get it. :)

      Delete