Thursday, February 16, 2023

Book Beginnings, First Line Friday, & Friday 56: Not on My Botch (The Worst Detective Ever Book 11) by Christy Barritt

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two. I'm also linking up with Carrie at Reading is My Superpower for First Line Friday.

This week I'm featuring Not on My Botch (The Worst Detective Ever Book 11) by Christy Barritt. This is my favorite Christy Barritt series, so I was ecstatic when I saw there was a new addition. It's so good!

About the Book
She never thought she’d have to fight for the leading role in her own life . . .

Actress Joey Darling enjoys playing the part of Detective Raven Remington on her TV show Relentless. But for now, she’s enjoying some downtime with her new husband, Jackson Sullivan.

Joey’s peace is shattered when a woman comes into town, who not only looks and sounds like Joey, but who claims to actually be Joey. The resemblance is uncanny, but Joey has blundered her way through too many real-life episodes to let some impersonator ruin her life. She sets out to unmask this imposter and put an end to the woman’s charade.

But the real-life plot isn’t wrapped up in a nice, tidy bow like on TV. The case of her stolen identity soon turns into a dangerous fight for survival.

Will Joey have the chance to write the script for her own life? Or will her plans be botched one final time?

Book Beginnings / First Line Friday
"Joey, why in the world are you at the grocery store? I thought you were meeting us for lunch?" Dizzy Jenkins' voice came through my cell phone sounding high-pitched and almost accusatory - in the most loving way possible, of course.

Friday 56
"We're doing a stakeout, aren't we?" I asked as Jackson and I strolled the beach slowly, trying not to be too obvious.
"I suppose we are."
I looped my arm through his. "This is so exciting!"

What have you been reading lately?

28 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this series before, but it sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to do so! It's one of my faves. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. The quotes are a lot of fun! And I'm about to start reading an ARC of The God of Endings by Jacqueline Holland. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy your ARC! Hope you have a great weekend too! :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a fun read - a mystery, but lighthearted. Have a terrific week.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/friday-memes-11-1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terrie! I hope you have a terrific one too! :)

      Delete
  4. This looks cute - hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarita! It was a lot of fun! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  5. Identity theft is scary on any level. This sounds like it will be a fun mystery though. I enjoyed the teasers and wish I was walking on the beach right now--although perhaps not while on a stakeout. :-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to be walking on the beach too! Hope you have a great weekend too! :)

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a fun one! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This does look like a fun book. Enjoy your weekend, Ashley! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Friday!
    I'm currently reading Memory Lane by Becky Wade.
    "After dark that night, Leigh returned from her long journey to bring him his medicine. Thank God, Jonah thought, when he heard her enter Remy's small house. She'd arrived with the good stuff."
    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Memory Lane. It's my new favorite Becky Wade book. Hope you're enjoying it! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  9. This looks so fun! I really need to start reading her books again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to keep up with her books. I don't know how she writes them so quick. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  10. My first line this week comes from The Last Chance Cowboy by Jody Hedlund:
    Chicago, Illinois. March 1871
    “ It’s a boy.” Catherine Remington held the squalling infant upside down by his ankles, making sure he didn’t inhale mucus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, Paula! Hope you enjoy it, and have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  11. Sounds very interesting. Happy Saturday 😉

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't seen this series of her before! Looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a ton of fun. Hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete