Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Review: Memory Lane (Sons of Scandal #1) by Becky Wade

About the Book
After surviving a trauma several years back, Remy Reed relocated to a cottage on one of Maine’s most remote islands. She’s arranged her life just the way she wants it, spending her time working on her wood sculptures and soaking in the beauty of nature. It’s quiet and solitary—until the day she spots something bobbing in the ocean.

Her binoculars reveal the “something” to be a man, and he’s struggling to keep his head above water. She races out to save him and brings him into her home. He’s injured, which doesn’t detract from his handsomeness nor make him any easier to bear. He acts like a duke who’s misplaced his dukedom . . . expensive tastes, lazy charm, bossy ideas.

Remy would love nothing more than to return him to his people, but he has no recollection of his life prior to the moment she rescued him. Though she’s not interested in relationships other than the safe ones she’s already established, she begins to realize that he’s coming to depend on her.

Who is he? What happened that landed him in the Atlantic Ocean? And why is she drawn to him more and more as time goes by?

There’s no way to discover those answers except to walk beside him down memory lane.

Travel to the rocky coast of Maine for "opposites attract" banter, witty humor, a fascinating mystery, and destiny-changing love. This sweet contemporary romance kicks off Becky Wade's new Sons of Scandal series!


MY THOUGHTS

This is my new favorite Becky Wade book. I was pretty sure I was gonna enjoy it, but I didn't expect just how much! I quickly became absorbed in it. These characters really came to life and occupied my mind even when I had to set the book aside for "real life". In fact, I'm still thinking about them.

The beginning was very exciting. I was immediately invested in figuring out who the mystery man was and what happened to him. Sometimes the amnesia trope can be hokey and unrealistic, but it was done really well here. Remy and Jeremiah were such great characters. They were complete opposites, so you can just imagine the sparks! Their banter was hilarious and their chemistry was off the charts!

I loved the setting of Islehaven. There was something so special about the island. It was remote but had such a charm about it. And the residents were great too. As much as I loved the island, I also enjoyed heading to the mainland and meeting the people there too.

While this book had its funny and cute moments, it was so much more. It had a lot of depth too. Serious subjects were broached and handled with care.

I can't recommend this book highly enough. I loved every second of it and didn't want it to end. I'm so excited for the sequel.

I received an advanced copy of this book via NetGalley and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

FIVE STARS

4 comments:

  1. Great review, Ashley! I am looking forward to reading this one at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy! It's so good! I hope you enjoy it. :D

      Delete
  2. I always love a good island setting. And that amnesia trope can be fun if done well. Can't wait to give this one a read. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll enjoy it. Isle Haven was such a charming setting. And I was surprised by how well-done and realistic the amnesia trope was. :D

      Delete