Thursday, July 7, 2022

Review: Maxine Justice: Galactic Attorney by Daniel Schwabauer

About the Book
Can Justice Save the Earth from Extinction?

Maxine Justice is an ambulance-chasing lawyer desperate for relevance and cash when aliens hire her to represent them before the United Nations. An off-planet consortium wants to heal humanity of every natural disease in exchange for 30% of Earth’s gold reserves.

The deal launches Max to legal stardom and makes her an international target for assassins. MediCorp, Star Cross, PharFuture—the big medical companies all have good reasons to want Max out of the way. Worse, she discovers her alien clients may be planning something more sinister than anyone has imagined.

Can a lawyer who failed the bar exam three times find some way to save the world from global and interstellar conspiracies? Or will humankind’s future end in a galactic courtroom?


MY THOUGHTS

This was so much fun! It was exactly the kind of book I needed. I recently read two pretty emotional books, so this was a much needed change of pace. I loved the fact that it's a sci-fi legal thriller. I've never seen those two genres combined, but it worked so well. I'd definitely like to read more books like this.

Maxine was a great character. Not perfect in the slightest, but realistically flawed. She also had the absolute worst luck ever. If something could go wrong, it would most definitely go wrong for her. She just couldn't seem to catch a break and would find herself in one mess right after another. I also really liked Kenji and Singh a lot too.

This was the kind of book that was hard to put down, but when I had to set it aside for real life things, it was always on my mind. There were lots of surprises. I never knew what would happen next. There was one thing that I probably should've seen coming, but I was absolutely stunned by it. And the ending? My emotions were all over the place! I'm adding Daniel Schwabauer to my autobuy list. This is one of the best books I've read this year.

FIVE STARS

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever read a sci-fi legal thriller! But it makes for a clever premise. :)

    ReplyDelete