Thursday, July 14, 2022

Review: The Fabrication of Eden Pruitt (The Eden Pruitt #1) by K.E. Ganshert

About the Book
Studious and principled Eden Pruitt stepped out of line just once. Unfortunately, that reckless decision ended with an arrest, a mug shot, and two very concerned parents. Now they’re starting over. In Iowa, of all places. On the cusp of her senior year, of all times. The situation is less than ideal but she’ll just have to manage, and without complaint. The change of address was her fault after all, and she isn’t going to make anything harder on her parents, who have already been through enough.

But life in Iowa turns strange fast. Odd things are happening, and Eden has no idea what any of it means. Then she comes home from her first day of school to a ransacked house and the nightmare officially begins. Her parents are missing. She’s convinced something terrible has happened to them. But nobody believes her. Except for a hardened, mysterious stranger who is as dangerous as he is enticing.


MY THOUGHTS

Wow! What a mindblowing thrill ride! I don't even know where to begin. There's so much I want to say, but I feel like I have to be really careful because I don't want to spoil anything. A lot of the fun with this book was never knowing what was going to happen next. There were so many shocking surprises along the way. So many twists and turns that I never saw coming. And I loved every second of it. I was pulled in and completely captivated from the very start. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. I didn't want it to end. I've already got the next book preordered and am so glad there's not too long of a wait for it. If you're looking for a pulse-pounding thriller that's impossible to put down, I highly recommend this book.

4.5 STARS

4 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this one with all those twists and turns; I'll have to see if my library will buy a copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds so fascinating and unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! I don't think I've read anything quite like it. :)

      Delete