Thursday, June 23, 2022

Review: Forgotten Secrets (Vanishing Ranch #1) by Christy Barritt

About the Book
FBI Special Agent Jesse Marx doesn’t know which is worse—waking up in a horse stable with no memories of the past several days or waking up to discover he’s wearing a wedding band. Not only has he been injured, but he’s also gotten hitched—something he vowed never to do.

Sienna Fleming refuses to feel a connection to any man, much less be tied down to one. But when she needs help solving a string of murders, Jesse is the only man she can turn to for help. Unfortunately, Jesse is ready to bolt. Considering the circumstances, she can’t blame him . . . but she also can’t let him go.

The two are roped into this together. . . for better or worse . . . because it will take a united effort to stop this killer before someone else dies.

(Available in Kindle Unlimited at time of posting.)

MY THOUGHTS

The gripping prologue hooked me and what followed kept me glued to the pages. I thought the whole idea behind the ranch was really cool. I'm definitely interested in spending more time there and seeing even more of what they do.

I was instantly intrigued by Jesse. He was tough, rugged, and, yeah, a little stubborn, too. But I liked him a lot. It took me a while to warm up to Sienna. She was very secretive, and I never did fully understand why some of those things were kept secret for so long. But once she started opening up and things started being revealed, I ended up liking her.

There was some suspension of belief needed for some things, but overall, this was a good start to a new series. I'm looking forward to the next installment.

I received a copy of this book from the author and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

3.5 STARS

2 comments:

  1. Another author I need to catch up on! Great review, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy! It's so hard to keep up with her books, she releases them so fast. I'm so far behind, lol! :)

      Delete