Thursday, June 9, 2022

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Falling for Your Brother's Best Friend (Love Clichés #5.5) by Emma St. Clair

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two. I'm also linking up with Carrie at Reading is My Superpower for First Line Friday.


This week I'm featuring Falling for Your Brother's Best Friend (Love Clichés #5.5) by Emma St. Clair

I actually finished this earlier in the week and loved it! It's hilarious! Lately, I've been reading two books at a time. My "main" book, which I read during the day, and a shorter book that I'll read a chapter or two before bed. Well, this one started out as the "before bedtime" book, but I was enjoying it so much I quickly switched it to my "main" book. It's my first time reading anything by this author and I'm excited to read more from her. I've been hearing wonderful things about her books, so I'm glad that I was finally able to check out one of them. 


About the Book
He's the one man who is TOTALLY off-limits. My brother John has made sure of that.

But the heart wants what the heart wants, and my heart wants Mason. Now that my meddling brother is out of the country (good riddance) and has left me and Mason housesitting together, maybe we have a chance to build our own friendship. Or relationship.

If only John weren't still trying to get involved, setting me up on blind dates while Mason acts as a weird sort of wingman. No, thanks! Still... maybe the dates will make Mason realize he wants more than a friendship?

A woman can hope.


Book Beginnings / First Line Friday
"Why do you smell like skunk?"

Friday 56
Chelsea is going to regret her decision not to cancel as soon as she catches sight of her date. I almost choke when I see him.
Why? Because the guy has on a crocheted unisuit.

What have you been reading lately?

20 comments:

  1. Both of those quotes made me laugh. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I am so glad you enjoyed this!! Her books are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited to read more from her. Hopefully soon! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful reviews about her books. You really made me eager to read them. :D

      Delete
  3. My first line this week comes from The Songs That Could Have Been by Amanda Wen:
    Carter Douglas hated running out of makeup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, Paula! Hope you're enjoying it! :)

      Delete
  4. OMG, that is hilarious! A unisuit! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THIS”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great book! I've added it to my want to read list.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/06/10/friday-56-do-no-harm-by-jack-jordan/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound good! But then I always enjoy this particular trope when it comes to romances. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fun trope! Hope you have a great weekend, Lark! :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds hilarious. I'm glad you enjoyed it enough to move it to your prime time reading. And I love that strategy for reading two books at a time! Going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to figure out how to fit more reading time into my day, and this has helped, at least a little bit. Happy reading, Roberta! :)

      Delete
  8. LOL @ that 56. Sounds like such a fun read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd like to read this series sometime. It looks fun.

    I posted the first line from Peyton's Promise by Susan G. Mathis. https://daniellegrandinetti.com/2022/06/10/peytons-promise/

    I hope you've had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Danielle! Hope you have a great rest of the weekend! :)

      Delete
  10. This sounds like a fun book and series!

    This week I posted the first line from Among the Innocent by Mary Alford.
    http://gracetogrowblog.com/among-innocent-mary-alford/

    Hope you’ve had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by, Jen! Have a great week! :)

      Delete