Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Review: A Void of Magic (Kennedy Rain #1) by Sandy Williams

About the Book
They trusted her to keep the peace between the paranorms. They made a mistake.

Kennedy escaped the family business when she turned eighteen. Now, an ill-timed vacation pulls her back to The Rain Hotel, the only known null zone on the planet. It’s a place where vampires can see the sun rise and werewolves can avoid the lure of the full moon. And it would be the perfect place for a paranormal wedding…if the bride wasn’t the local alpha’s daughter and the groom the scion of a vicious master vampire.

With a sexy werewolf determined to sabotage the wedding and dark forces threatening The Rain, Kennedy’s life is thrown out of balance when she’s forced to confront a past she swore to avoid. Ultimately she must choose: will she maintain the stability of the supernatural world…or will she destroy it.


MY THOUGHTS

I absolutely loved this book! I'm a big fan of this author's Shadow Reader series, so I was thrilled when I found out about this new one. This first installment did not disappoint. It was fast-paced and hard to put down. And I loved the whole idea of the null zone and the Rain Hotel. It was so unique.

Kennedy's an awesome character. She's got a take-charge attitude and never backs down from a challenge. It seemed like nothing was going right for her. She had to deal with one crisis after another after another, but she kept her chin up and did what needed to be done. Even though she would've rather been doing anything else. I admired that about her. Was her attitude abrasive at times? Sure, but in the kind of world she lives in, she pretty much had to be that way to survive.

This story took some twists and turns that I did not expect. Wow, I didn't see that coming! The next book in the series can't come out soon enough! If you're a fan of urban fantasy, I highly recommend checking this book out.

I received an advanced copy of this book and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

FIVE STARS

4 comments:

  1. :) Just when I was hitting my stride--the conclusion/not conclusion. Now a wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little bummed about the sorta-cliffhanger, but I enjoyed the rest of the book so much that it didn't bother me too much. It just makes me even more excited for the next one. :)

      Delete
  2. This does look like a very fun book, but I'm waiting for the second book to come out before I read it.

    ReplyDelete