Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Can't Wait Wednesday: To Write a Wrong (The Bleeker Street Inquiry Agency #2) by Jen Turano

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring To Write a Wrong (The Bleeker Street Inquiry Agency #2) by Jen Turano releasing August 3. 

About the Book
Miss Daphne Beekman is a mystery writer by day, inquiry agent by night. Known for her ability to puzzle out plots, she happily works behind the scenes for the Bleecker Street Inquiry Agency, staying well away from danger. However, when Mr. Herman Henderson arrives on the doorstep of the agency, desperate for someone to investigate numerous attempts on his life, Daphne soon finds herself in the thick of a case she's determined to solve.

Mr. Herman Henderson is also a mystery writer, but unlike the dashing heroes he pens, he prefers living a quiet life, determined to avoid the fate of his adventurous parents, who perished while searching for the Lost City of Gold.

As the list of suspects grows and sinister plots are directed at Daphne, the situation quickly deteriorates, and a revealed secret jeopardizes their newfound affection. Only time will tell if Daphne will be able to regain Herman's trust and save both their lives.


What upcoming release are you eagerly anticipating?

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that cover - Daphne's smirk is just too enticing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I'm wondering what kind of mischief she's gonna get into, lol. Thanks for coming by! :)

      Delete
  2. I still need to read something by Jen Turano.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's one of my favorites. Her books are always great at making me laugh. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Not familiar with this author or series, but I'll be looking into the first book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's so good at writing hilarious, outlandish, and entertaining historical fiction. Thanks for coming by! :)

      Delete
  4. Mystery is not really my genre but this seems fun. Here is my post-https://paigesofbook.blogspot.com/2021/07/cant-wait-wednesday-how-moon-fuentez.html.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turano's books always make me laugh. Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  5. I still haven't read the first one!! It's on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sad to say that I still haven't read it either. But I did check it out from Kindle Unlimited, so it's ready for me whenever I can find the time to read it. I'm so excited to check it out. Thanks for coming by! :)

      Delete
  6. Fun! I'm adding this one to my TBR list right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I can always count on Jen Turano's books to bring a smile to my face. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete