Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Can't Wait Wednesday: Carved in Stone (The Blackstone Legacy, #1) by Elizabeth Camden

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Carved in Stone (The Blackstone Legacy, #1) by Elizabeth Camden releasing August 31.

About the Book
Gwen Kellerman is an heiress to the infamous Blackstone family, whose history of scandal nearly destroyed her. She now lives a quiet life at the idyllic college founded with her family's fortune and hopes to keep the tragedies of her past safely behind her.

Patrick O'Neill survived a hardscrabble youth to become a lawyer for the downtrodden Irish immigrants in his community. He's proud of his work, even though he struggles to afford his ramshackle law office. All that changes when he accepts a case to challenge the Blackstones' legacy of greed and corruption by resurrecting a thirty-year-old mystery.

Little does Patrick suspect that the Blackstones will launch their most sympathetic family member to derail him. Gwen is tasked with getting Patrick to drop the case, but the old mystery takes a shocking twist neither of them saw coming. Now, as they navigate a burgeoning attraction, Patrick is the only one who can save Gwen from new danger on the horizon.


What upcoming release are you eagerly anticipating?

4 comments:

  1. Elizabeth Camden is an author I need to catch up on: here is mine https://moretoodiscover.blogspot.com/2021/07/cant-wait-wednesday-midnight-dance.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to read her earlier stuff, but have LOVED her recent books. Thanks for coming by! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure I have read her yet, but love the cover. I have heard a lot of great things about her. Here is my link: https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2021/07/cant-wait-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's one of my favorite historical romance authors. I always feel like I learn so much when I read one of her books. They're full of little-known historical facts and yet they're so entertaining. I can't get enough. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete