Monday, June 21, 2021

Review: Rocco (Lantern Beach Blackout: The New Recruits #1) by Christy Barritt

Rocco by Christy Barritt 
It was great being back in Lantern Beach with this new spin-off series.

You’d think delivering cupcakes would be safe, but baker Peyton Ellison finds out that’s not always the case. Making a late night delivery at the request of her brother turns dangerous when bullets start to fly. What kind of mess has Peyton found herself in?

The new Blackout crew has been hired to catch a person trying to sell company secrets and are staking out the location where the transfer is supposed to go down when Peyton shows up to deliver a box of cupcakes. Trying to figure out how she fits into the investigation, but knowing in his gut that she’s innocent, Rocco vows to protect Peyton and get to the bottom of what’s really going on here. This simple investigation has just turned complicated. There’s danger at every turn as they try to unravel this complex mystery.

It took a few chapters for me to really get into this book, and I’m not sure I ever connected with the characters. There was also some suspension of belief needed for some things, but, all in all, this ended up being an enjoyable mystery. And I'm eager to visit Lantern Beach again soon.

3 STARS


6 comments:

  1. I need to start with this extended Lantern Beach series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun visiting Lantern Beach. You never know what crazy thing will happen next. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like something I would read. Have too look into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barritt's my go-to author for when I'm in the mood for a romantic suspense. :)

      Delete
  3. Looks like she keeps turning out good ones. I wish my library had more of her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does! I'm amazed at how she can release one or more books a month and they're still so good! :)

      Delete