Thursday, June 3, 2021

Review: Between Decisions (The City Between #8) by W.R. Gingell

About the Book
Life is complicated.

I mean, life has always been complicated, but there’s a difference between monsters-are-trying-to-kill-you complications and monsters-are-in-love-with-you complications. I’m still not sure which is more dangerous.

G’day. I’m Pet. Two-thirds of a pet, anyway: the vampire isn’t claiming ownership these days, but he’s definitely encroaching. On the list of other encroaching complications is the threat of heirling trials, a certain fae lord, and a mysterious librarian—not to mention the thing that’s killing people on Hobart’s waterfront…

One day, I’ll have a normal life. Today is not that day.


MY THOUGHTS

Oh my goodness! This book, y'all! I don't even know where to start. That ending? AHHHH! It tore my heart to shreds! We finally got some answers. Oh, man, do we get answers! Were they the answers I wanted? No. Was I surprised? Not really. I always suspected. The clues were all there, but I hoped my suspicions were wrong. I so badly wanted to be wrong.

Sorry for this incoherent mess of a review. I really don't know what to say. This book just about wrecked me. And I really do need the next one, like, right now. If you haven't started this series yet, do yourself a favor and grab yourself a copy of book one, and be prepared for an unforgettable and weirldly wonderful ride.

FIVE STARS

4 comments:

  1. I know! I wasn't entirely surprised by one thing, but was still shocked. Then another 2 incidents I wasn't expecting. Talk about leaving the audience wanting more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? The next one can't come out soon enough. I can't seem to stop thinking about the ending. I'll find my mind wandering to it at random times, trying to figure out what comes next. LOL.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe this series is already on #8. But it sounds like #9 needs to come out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! I'm so impatient to find out what happens next! :D

      Delete