Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Can't Wait Wednesday: Secrets in the Mist (Skyworld #1) by Morgan L. Busse

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Secrets in the Mist (Skyworld #1) by Morgan L. Busse releasing August 10. 

About the Book
What’s lurking in the Mist is the least of their worries…

In a world where humanity lives in the sky to escape a deadly mist below, Cass’s only goal is survival. That is, until she finds a job on the airship Daedalus as a diver. Now she explores ruined cities, looking for treasure and people’s lost heirlooms until a young man hires her to find the impossible: a way to eradicate the Mist.

Theodore Winchester is a member of one of the Five Families that rule the skies. Following in his father’s footsteps, he searches for the source of the Mist and hopes to stop the purges used to control overpopulation. But what he finds are horrifying secrets and lethal ambition. If he continues his quest, it could mean his own death.

The Mist is rising and soon the world will be enveloped in its deadly embrace, turning what's left of humanity into the undead.


What upcoming release are you eagerly anticipating?

8 comments:

  1. This one sounds good. I might actually read this though I weary of book series. The first book is most likely be good but then the others... I'll still check it out when it's released.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wait between books in a series is torturous. And then I usually forget most of the first one by the time the next one comes out. And yet, I don't read many standalones, lol. It's mostly series books for me. :D

      Thanks for coming by, Lissa! Hope you have a lovely day too!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Right? I can't get enough of this cover! Thanks for stopping by, Michelle! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks to you I am a big fan of Morgan L. Busse, and am now excitedly awaiting the release of this new book, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! That makes me so happy, Lark! I'm so glad you enjoyed them. Thanks for visiting! :D

      Delete
  4. I haven't read this author, but the book sounds interesting, and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited when the author announced she was writing another steampunk series. Her first one, the Soul Chronicles, is one of my favorites in the genre. And this cover is epic! I love it! Thanks for stopping by, jenclair! :)

      Delete