Monday, March 15, 2021

Review: Shock and Awe (Lantern Beach Guardians #2) by Christy Barritt

About the Book
They thought the worst was over—but they were wrong.

When Police Chief Cassidy Chambers arrives at a grisly crime scene, she’s shocked at where the evidence leads. Then the threats start coming. Threats against her. Threats that could upend her life.

As more clues are uncovered, a sinister plot is revealed, and Cassidy fears the little girl in her care may be tangled in a deadly scheme. Cassidy and her husband, Ty, will do anything to protect the child, each other, and the island. But what happens when they might not be able to save all three?


My Thoughts

I really enjoyed this second installment of the Lantern Beach Guardians series. It hooked me right from the first sentence. The intrigue and danger kept building until the exciting conclusion.

I'd definitely recommend reading book one before this one. Although there's a new self-contained mystery here, it does tie back heavily into the mystery from the first book.

I'm very eager to find out how things turn out in the next book, the conclusion to this series. I can't wait!

Four Stars

4 comments:

  1. This catches my interest, but I'll look for book one first. Especially since there are only two books in the series, it is nice to start with book one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christy Barritt has written quite a few series set in Lantern Beach. I believe this is the third one with Cassidy as the main character, but the first book in this series does a great job of recapping the previous events.

      Delete
  2. Another good one from Christy Barritt! Wish my library had it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a bummer when the library doesn't have the books we want. Hopefully one of these days they'll get it. :)

      Delete