Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Can't Wait Wednesday: Defending the Galaxy (Sentinels of the Galaxy #3) by Maria V. Snyder

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Defending the Galaxy (Sentinels of the Galaxy #3) by Maria V. Snyder releasing November 23. I've been loving this series. No surprise though since Maria V. Snyder is one of my favorite authors. It's exciting and unique and full of wonderful characters. I'm eager to see how it all concludes.

About the Book
Year 2522. Oh. My. Stars.

Junior Officer Ara Lawrence here, reporting for duty. Again. It's situation critical for the security team and everyone in the base - including my parents - with a new attack from the looters imminent, a possible galaxy-wide crime conspiracy and an unstoppable alien threat. But this all pales in the face of my mind-blowing discovery about the Q-net. Of course, no one believes me. I'm not sure I believe me. It could just be a stress-induced delusion. That's what my parents seem to believe...

Their concern for me is hampering my ability to do my job. I know they love me, but with the Q-net in my corner, I'm the only one who can help the security team beat the shadowy aliens from the pits we discovered. We're holding them at bay, for now, but the entire Milky Way Galaxy is in danger of being overrun.

With battles on too many fronts, it's looking dire. But one thing I've learned is when people I love are in jeopardy, I'll never give up trying to save them. Not until my dying breath. Which could very well be today...


What upcoming release are you eagerly anticipating?

8 comments:

  1. It has been a while since I've read Maria V. Snyder. It was the fantasy series, Poison Study, etc. I enjoyed all of the ones I read. I didn't know she wrote science fiction (which I love), so thank you for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poison Study is one of my all-time faves. I try to reread it every year or so. I can't seem get enough of those characters or the world.

      I hadn't read much Sci-Fi before this series, but it's so good and made me want to check out more books like it. :)

      Delete
  2. I still need to read book 2! I loved the first one. Thanks for the heads up on this one.
    Lisa Loves Literature's Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! It's a fun series! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. I keep hearing good things about Maria V. Snyder. I think I have Poison Study on my TBR shelf. Defending the Galaxy sounds really good too! I will have to check it out. I hope you enjoy it when you read it, Ashley. Take care and stay safe!

    (Okay, so I just went and bought the first two because I couldn't help myself--and they weren't expensive.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I hope you love them both! Maria V. Snyder is one of my faves. I always get so wrapped up in her books. Thanks for coming by! Happy reading! :)

      Delete