Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
The topic this week is: Books to Pull You Out of a Reading Slump, but I decided to switch it up a little and list Authors to Pull You Out of a Reading Slump. Here's some authors that help pull me out of a slump. Maybe there's something on this list that would help you out of a reading slump too.
1. Maria V. Snyder - She's my favorite fantasy author. I've lost count of how many times I've read her book Poison Study. Her world building is fantastic and the characters are great too.
2. Seanan McGuire - When I've been in a reading slump and grab one of her stories, the slump is instantly over. She has a wonderful way with words and instantly pulls me into the story, no matter what it's about.
3. Christina Coryell - She writes characters who feel so real, who I wish were my friends. I know when I pick up one of her books, I'll be swept away into the characters lives and lingering there as long as I can.
4. Pepper Basham - I'm sure to have a smile on my face when I finish one of her books. There's always a nice balance of humor, heart, and faith in her stories that always leave me in a good mood.
5. Ronie Kendig - Her books are fast paced and action-packed. There's never a dull moment when I'm reading her books and sometimes that's exactly what I need to get out of a slump.
6. Heather Blake - Nobody does a cozy mystery like Heather Blake! I always become completely absorbed in the mystery, the characters lives, and the setting.
7. Christy Barritt - She's one of my favorite mystery/romantic suspense authors. She's a speedy writer, so I don't have to wait long for her next book. They're always exciting and heart-pounding reads.
8. Sarah Sundin - She's a master at WWII fiction. The amount of research and knowledge she has for the time period is astounding. I always learn something new while reading one of her books. Plus, there's always a powerful message of faith woven into the story that never fails to move me.
9. Jen Turano - When I'm in need of something that'll make me laugh, I'll grab a Jen Turano book. Her characters always find themselves in zany and outrageous situations that leave me laughing so hard.
Are there certain authors who help get you out of a reading slump?
I've heard a LOT of good things abut Poison Study! Maria V. Snyder seems like a great choice! And Seanan McGuire too *nods*ReplyDelete
They're awesome! Thanks for stopping by, Greg! Happy reading! :)Delete
Sarah Sundin!! One of my always favorites. Love her books so much. :)ReplyDelete
Also, I've heard great things about Maria's books, but never read them. Perhaps someday.
Sarah's one of my favorites too! Thanks for visiting, Rissi! Happy reading! :)Delete
I've never read from any of these authors before and I love discovering new authors to read from so thanks! :)ReplyDelete
Jennilyn @ Rurouni Jenni Reads
It's always fun discovering new authors. Thanks for coming by, Jennilyn! Happy reading! :)Delete
I haven't read any of these authors! Thanks for the recommendations. My TTTReplyDelete
You're so welcome! Thanks for stopping by, Chrissi! Happy reading! :)Delete
I have heard about a few of these authors, but definitely need to check out a few of them!ReplyDelete
Here is my TTT: https://thebookdutchesses.com/2018/08/21/ttt-41-books-to-pull-you-out-of-a-reading-slump/
I hope you do! They're great! Thanks for coming by, Isabelle! Happy reading! :)Delete
Ooh nice twist on the topic!ReplyDelete
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/08/21/top-ten-tuesday-173/
Aww, thanks! And thank you for stopping by today! Happy reading! :)Delete
Astonishingly I haven't read anything by any of those authors. Must do something about that! My TTT listReplyDelete
They're all fantastic! Thanks for visiting, Anne! Happy reading! :)Delete
I like your spin on the topic. I haven’t read any of these authors, but a few of them are on my TBR list.ReplyDelete
Aj @ Read All The Things!
I hope you can read some of them soon! Thanks for stopping by, AJ! Happy reading! :)Delete
I haven't read anything from any of these authors (yet) but I keep hearing a lot about Seanan McGuire!ReplyDelete
She's one of my faves! I hope you're able to check her books out sometime! Thanks for coming by, Brooke! Happy reading! :)Delete