Friday, August 24, 2018

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Tides of Deception (Lantern Beach Romantic Suspense #1) by Christy Barritt

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring a fantastic romantic suspense - Tides of Deception (Lantern Beach Romantic Suspense #1) by Christy Barritt.

About the Book
Change has come to Lantern Beach: a new police chief, a new season, and . . . a new romance?

Austin Brooks has loved Skye Lavinia from the moment they met, but the walls she keeps around her seem impenetrable. Skye knows Austin is the best thing to ever happen to her. Yet she also knows that if he learns the truth about her past, he’d be a fool not to run.

A chance encounter brings secrets bubbling to the surface, and danger soon follows. Are the life-threatening events plaguing them really accidents . . . or is someone trying to send a deadly message?

With the tides on Lantern Beach come deception and lies. One question remains—who will be swept away as the water shifts? And will it bring the end for Austin and Skye, or merely the beginning?

Book Beginning
"I understand," Austin Brooks muttered into his phone. "You've given me a lot to think about, and I'll wait for a follow-up call."

Friday 56 (57% on my Kindle)
Skye felt like she'd just been run over. And in a way she had - both physically and emotionally. She had no idea sharing her story with Austin would be so draining.

What have you been reading lately?

18 comments:

  1. Nice excerpts. The cover is great too. Thanks for sharing. I'm featuring Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover too! Thanks for stopping by, Bev! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. I know just how Skye feels! I'd love for you and your readers to check out my book for this week! https://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviews82418

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? So relatable! Thanks for visiting, Lisa! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a nice romantic suspense title. This week I am featuring Second Chance on Two Love Lane by Kieran Kramer from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is! Thanks for stopping by, Kathy! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Plus it has some great suspense along with the romance making it the perfect read! Thanks for coming by, Anne! Have an awesome weekend! :)

      Delete
  5. I've been in the mood for a romantic suspense. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really great read! You can never go wrong with a Christy Barritt book. Thanks for visiting, Roberta! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  6. I'm definitely intrigued! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those books that is almost impossible to put down! So good! Thanks for coming by, Freda! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a good book. See what I'm featuring at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome! Thanks for stopping by, Donna! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I'm loving it! Thanks for coming by, Nicki! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  9. This sounds like something I would like. I could use a little romantic suspense right now. I hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great! Thanks for visiting! Hope you have an awesome weekend! :)

      Delete