Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Review: Vacation Friends by Christy Barritt

About the Book
Explore the dark side of paradise, where sun-soaked beaches hide deadly secrets . . .

When Maddie Waters joins her fiancĂ©, Josh Harding, in Hawaii for his company’s luxurious weeklong corporate retreat, Josh wants her to help him secure the prestigious role of CEO for the high-tech firm. However, someone with a dark secret has other plans, and everything changes when a series of deaths and near-fatal “accidents” plague the event.

With a determined detective circling and her relationship with Josh unraveling, Maddie finds refuge in a new group of friends. She soon forms an uneasy alliance with the handsome and mysterious Brody, hoping he can help her uncover the truth.

As secrets are exposed, tension mounts and relationships crumble. Maddie finds herself nearly drowning in a riptide of lies and deception. She must unravel a complex conspiracy and confront her own past—or risk becoming the next victim.


MY THOUGHTS

“She’d felt lately as if death was stalking her.”

This was another fantastic thriller from Christy Barritt. I was completely hooked from the ominous beginning until the thrilling conclusion.

I was incredibly worried for main character Maddie as she faced danger after danger and incident after incident. Disaster seemed to follow her wherever she went. Was it all a coincidence, or was somebody out to get her?

There was a big cast of characters, but they were all distinct, and I had no trouble keeping them straight. I immediately liked Maddie’s new vacation friends, but a big part of me wondered if I should be suspicious of any, or all, of them considering everything that was going wrong. It was hard to trust anyone, as it seemed like everyone had a secret.

The mystery was really good. I had my suspicions, but wasn't 100 percent sure until right before the reveal. There was also a secondary story that had me intrigued yet wondering how it connected to everything. When I figured it out, my mind was blown! What a masterful twist!

This is one of Barritt’s best books to date. If you’re a fan of twisty thrillers, you’re sure to love it.

I received a copy of this book and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

FIVE STARS

2 comments:

  1. One of her best books? That says a lot! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just when I think her books can't get any better, she surprises me! :D

      Delete