Thursday, September 5, 2024

Book Beginnings, First Line Friday, & Friday 56: Warped on a Moon Trek (Sky Crimes and Mysteries #5) by Diane Vallere

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. I'm also linking up with Carrie at Reading is My Superpower for First Line Friday. Friday 56 asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two. It was started by Freda at Freda's Voice, but Anne over at My Head is Full of Books has taken over.

This week I'm featuring Warped on a Moon Trek (Sky Crimes and Mysteries #5) by Diane Vallere. I just started this one, so I haven't quite reached the quote for Friday 56, but I'm loving it so far. This is such a fun series.

About the Book
Tomorrow is yesterday and next week may never come...

Sylvia Stryker is the Moon Unit Corporation’s employee of the month. Impressive, since her side gig solving intergalactic mysteries takes up most of her time. But she is put to a new test after her mentor, Neptune, flies through a wormhole to meet with a reclusive scientist about the faulty chip powering their lunar module. The contact has been hiding from accusations of murder on another planet. Even more startling is the identity of the scientist: a family member Sylvia never thought she’d see again.

When Neptune’s space pod vanishes into a parallel timeline, Sylvia is quick to follow, but a face-to-face with her younger self threatens her reality. She is thrust into a time-bending journey where the unsolved murder becomes central to her mission. With a missing boss, a malfunctioning navigational system, and a family reunion hanging in the balance, Sylvia’s race against time just might save the world…or eradicate it from existence.

Can Sylvia repair the circuits of time, or will she stay lost in space with a killer?

Book Beginnings / First Line Friday
In my duties as undercover security officer for the Moon Unit Corporation, it is my responsibility to write up case files and record the identities of everyone who played a role in the episode. This case has proven too difficult to record.

Friday 56
"Seems to me if you don't solve this chip problem, the passengers are gonna be in a lot more danger than if you stick around for movie night."

What have you been reading lately?

10 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying this one. It does sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lark. It was nice to visit these characters again. Hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You don't see many sci-fi cozy mysteries, but I wish there were more. This was so much fun. Hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete
  3. That synopsis about tomorrow is yesterday has me intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I was curious about what was gonna happen. Hope you have a great week, Anne! :)

      Delete
  4. This is such a fun series. Glad you are enjoying it, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mark. I thought the series was over, so I was excited to get this new adventure. Hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete
  5. I science fiction mystery? I will have to check this out! I hope you enjoy it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so much fun! Hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete