Thursday, June 1, 2023

Review: Fractured Lies (Lantern Beach Exposure Book 1) by Christy Barritt

About the Book
Lantern Beach has seen its fair share of trouble. But the danger isn’t over yet . . .

As security agent Jonah Gray zeroes in on his current mission, he finds scientist Rachel Atwood in his crosshairs. Right before his foster brother died, he handed Jonah a slip of paper with the woman’s name on it and muttered the word “killed.” But the more Jonah gets to know Rachel, the more he’s uncertain if she’s a killer or a target.

Rachel Atwood hopes to leave trouble behind when she takes a new research position at a cosmetics company located on Lantern Beach. But things aren’t as idyllic on the coastal island as she’d assumed. Something fishy is going on at the waterfront lab, and Rachel is unsure who to trust.

When lies are exposed, Jonah and Rachel's newfound trust is shattered. Can they pick up the fractured pieces of truth in time? Or will a killer’s devious plan destroy them both?

A suspenseful mystery full of romance, forced proximity, hidden identities, secrets, and danger around every turn.

Available in Kindle Unlimited at time of posting

My THOUGHTS

We're back in Lantern Beach with the start of this new series! I always enjoy visiting the island and its residents, so I was excited to find out what was going on around town this time.

The mystery instantly grabbed my attention and kept me guessing. Vowing to find the person who killed his friend, Jonah's search takes him to Lantern Beach and scientist Rachel Atwood. With his friend's cryptic last words, and the fact that she was just promoted into his friend's old position at the cosmetic company Ocean Essence, make her his top suspect. But instead of being a potential suspect, could she be the next victim? Something fishy was happening at Ocean Essence, and I was racing through the pages to find out exactly what was going on!

I really liked both Rachel and Jonah. I admired Jonah's loyalty and determination to get to the bottom of his friend's murder. And I could relate to Rachel and her social anxiety. I loved the fact that her favorite Bible verse was mine too!

All in all, I really enjoyed this trip back to Lantern Beach. I loved seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones, too. I recommend this book to fans of romantic suspense and look forward to the next one.

FOUR STARS

2 comments:

  1. Love the sound of this one (like I do with all of Barritt's books!), and now there's an extra reason to read it: to find out your favorite Bible verse. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to spoil anything, but if you wanted to know my favorite Bible verse, it's Matthew 6:34. :D

      Delete