Thursday, June 8, 2023

Review: Bard Tidings by Paul Regnier

About the Book
The spirit of a warrior lies deep inside a bard. Deep down. Way, way down.

Jonas wakes up each day regretting his position as the king’s bard. He dreams of escaping the kingdom and returning to life as a traveling musician with his best friend Elrick. But when his love Bree is taken prisoner in the castle, he and Elrick must act. Their attempts at rescue go horribly wrong, and the king marks them for death. Now they must flee the kingdom with a hefty reward on their heads.

Meanwhile, the king’s soldiers march to war, placing Bree’s hometown in their path of destruction. Jonas must go from lute player to monster slayer as they travel through dangerous lands on a desperate quest to stop an army.

Their adventures throw them in league with fearsome lycans, stabby assassins, and a cursed warrior. With their help they must survive a pursuing dragon, slay a sorcerer, defeat an army, and of course, compose the perfect song along the way.

Can Jonas and his friends survive the journey and save an innocent town before it’s too late?

Available in Kindle Unlimited at time of posting

MY THOUGHTS

This was so much fun! It was exactly the kind of upbeat and humorous fantasy novel that I've been looking for. I loved the characters, the setting, and the fact that there was a good message too. 

I love a story that I can sink into and feel at home in, and this was exactly that. I felt like I was right there, traveling alongside these reluctant and unlikely heroes on their action-packed adventure. There was never a dull moment. It was fast-paced, exciting, and impossible to put down. If you're a fan of this genre, you're sure to love Bard Tidings. I can't recommend it highly enough!

I received an advanced copy of this book and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

FIVE STARS

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even need to read your review to know I wanted to read this one. The cover and title alone had me adding this one to my TBR list. That you give it 5 stars is just a bonus. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same way. I saw the cover and title and didn't even have to read the synopsis to know I wanted this book. Plus, I've read a couple of this author's books and loved them, so I was pretty sure this one would be a hit too. And it was! :D

      Delete