Monday, May 1, 2023

Review: The Study of Poisons by Maria V. Snyder

About the Book
Fierce, determined, dangerous. No wonder her soul called to his.

As Chief of Security of Ixia, Valek has spent the last fifteen years keeping Commander Ambrose and his citizens safe. With his complex network of spies, informers, and soldiers, it’s his job to hunt down and capture criminals, including the intriguing Yelena.

Sensing there is more to the story of why she killed a general’s son, Valek arranges for Yelena to become the Commander’s new food taster, training her in the delicate art of detecting poisons. As mysteries and a devious plot to harm the Commander unravel, Yelena’s presence becomes crucial. Will her intelligence, stubbornness, and survivor instincts be a help to Valek’s investigation, or a hinderance?

A companion novel to Poison Study, The Study of Poisons reveals Valek’s side of the story. Return to the world of Ixia and discover just how the lovely Yelena got Valek’s cold heart pumping!


MY THOUGHTS

Oh my goodness, y’all! I can’t even tell you how happy this book made me. Poison Study is one of my all-time favorites. I’ve read it countless times, so to get the story from Valek’s POV was something special. I never expected it, but I couldn’t have loved it more.

It was so great seeing some iconic moments from Valek’s perspective. To see what he was thinking in the moment and to learn his motivation behind certain things. And I loved seeing what other things he had going on at the castle.

When I reached the end, I immediately wanted to go back to the beginning and read it all over again. I loved it so much! I really hope we get the other two books in the series from Valek’s perspective. This was just too much fun!

FIVE STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment