Thursday, May 25, 2023

Book Beginnings, First Line Friday, & Friday 56: Fractured Lies (Lantern Beach Exposure Book 1) by Christy Barritt

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two. I'm also linking up with Carrie at Reading is My Superpower for First Line Friday.

This week I'm featuring Fractured Lies (Lantern Beach Exposure Book 1) by Christy Barritt

About the Book
Lantern Beach has seen its fair share of trouble. But the danger isn’t over yet . . .

As security agent Jonah Gray zeroes in on his current mission, he finds scientist Rachel Atwood in his crosshairs. Right before his foster brother died, he handed Jonah a slip of paper with the woman’s name on it and muttered the word “killed.” But the more Jonah gets to know Rachel, the more he’s uncertain if she’s a killer or a target.

Rachel Atwood hopes to leave trouble behind when she takes a new research position at a cosmetics company located on Lantern Beach. But things aren’t as idyllic on the coastal island as she’d assumed. Something fishy is going on at the waterfront lab, and Rachel is unsure who to trust.

When lies are exposed, Jonah and Rachel's newfound trust is shattered. Can they pick up the fractured pieces of truth in time? Or will a killer’s devious plan destroy them both?

A suspenseful mystery full of romance, forced proximity, hidden identities, secrets, and danger around every turn.

Book Beginnings / First Line Friday
Jonah Gray glanced at his watch again. 
Ganon "Gandalf" Jones was ten minutes late. It wasn't like his friend not to be on time.

Friday 56
She shouldn't have come here to Lantern Beach. This job change was a mistake. It could get her killed.

What have you been reading lately?

16 comments:

  1. I knew a student who looked exactly like th character on your cover. Weird experience for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so weird! Hope you have a great rest of the weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. This one looks intriguing. I also like that the character's nickname is a reference to The Lord of the Rings. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked that too! I always love a good Lord of the Rings reference. Hope you have a great rest of the weekend! :)

      Delete
  3. This sounds good, and the quotes are intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wanting more. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday!
    I'm currently reading Jonas by Susan May Warren. SO good!
    "I'm sorry I got you into this."
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to read this one. I loved Fraser! Hope you have a wonderful one too! :)

      Delete
  6. Every time I see you sharing one of Christy's books I am always like, "I am going to read her books again!" and then I forget, LOL! I have SO many to catch up on!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It's so hard to keep up with her books because she writes so fast. Hope you have a great rest of the weekend, Cindy! :)

      Delete
  7. It's been too long since I last read romantic suspense. I like the sound of Fractured Lies. Keeping secrets and lying never bode well . . . I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was really good. It definitely kept me guessing. Hope you have a great rest of the weekend! :)

      Delete
  8. That's a great first line! I just finished A Nanny for the Rancher's Twins by Heidi Main. The first line is: "Laney Taylor stepped out of her sedan and breathed in the earthy Texas air." I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Danielle! Hope you have a great week too! :)

      Delete