Thursday, May 11, 2023

Review: Flight (The Collective Underground #3) by Kristen Young

About the Book
The fight for what is right is also a fight to survive

On the cusp of graduation, Cadence is finally feeling in control. She’s about to become one of the prestigious Elites working in the Hall of Love. Plus, she can take her place as a full member of the underground Sirens who meet secretly in Love City. She’ll finally be able to use her memory skills for good, instead of reporting people as a Watcher.

But a dangerous trap is set, throwing Cadence into unwelcome and unfamiliar territory. Someone in the Collective remembers things that could very well get her killed. The Muse is by her side, after all, but will she be protected when someone powerful wants her dead?

Cadence just wants to be normal, free from politics or squad intimidation. Will she be able to achieve her Elite dreams, or will sinister forces leave her running for her life?


MY THOUGHTS

What a great conclusion to this thought-provoking dystopian series. I probably should've reread the previous books because it took me longer than I would've liked to get settled back into this world and remember how things left off. But once I did, oh man, I couldn't read fast enough! There were so many things that surprised me. It took some turns that I never saw coming. A lot happened, and while I usually struggle with a book that's so jam-packed, I didn't here. It never felt like too much. In fact, it felt just right.

I don't want to say too much, but wow! What a powerful read. I absolutely loved the faith element. It was so strong and impactful. And that ending? Perfection! I might've even shed a tear or two. If you're a fan of the dystopian genre, don't hesitate. Run and grab yourself a copy of this series. You'll love it!

FOUR STARS

2 comments: