Thursday, November 3, 2022

Review: Sundown (Sky King Ranch #3) by Susan May Warren

About the Book
Former Delta Operative Colt Kingston knows when someone is lying. He may not know the truth, but he sure doesn't trust Tae, the woman who is caring for his ailing father at Sky King Ranch. Behind those beautiful blue eyes, he can tell there is a troubled--and smart--woman.

A few of her stories prove true--he's found the crashed plane and the dead body inside. Still, her story of survival seems too incredible to believe . . . until the thugs she claims to be hunting her show up and threaten Sky King Ranch. Now Tae must disappear, along with her secrets.

But Colt's not about to let her go it alone. And when they discover that her secrets include the antidote to a plague that threatens the world, it'll take all three Kingston brothers to save the country they've vowed to protect.


MY THOUGHTS

What a thrilling conclusion! I've been loving this series! This book brought everything together and really wrapped it up nicely. There were even some tie-ins to some of Warren's other books, so it was really neat to see some old favorite characters.

The faith element was really great and so moving. I loved finally getting to know Colt and Tae better and spending more time with all the Kingston brothers. Seeing them work together despite their past disputes was so inspiring.

There was a lot of danger, suspense, mystery, high stakes, racing against the clock, and, of course, sweet swoonworthy romance. I did feel like the pace was uneven in a few spots. There were a couple times when something exciting happened and I'd be so anxious to see how it all turned out, but then things took on a slower pace. Which I guess was a good time to catch my breath, but I found myself having a hard time concentrating and instead wanting to get back to the action. To saving the world. Also, I'm trying to be careful of spoilers, but there were a few times where I questioned the reality of how some things were allowed to happen. But I was able to set aside my disbelief pretty quickly and enjoyed the wild ride this story turned out to be.

All in all, I really enjoyed this conclusion to the Sky King Ranch series. I recommend it to fans of romantic suspense.

​I received an advanced copy of this book via NetGalley and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

FOUR STARS

4 comments:

  1. Great review, Ashley! I have this one and need to get to it, LOL, but I am trying to finish a few other things first. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy! I hope you enjoy it! I'm in the same predicament with a couple of other books, lol! Hopefully we can get around to them soon. Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun ending to this series with a swoonworthy romance and saving the world, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It was fun, but also nerve-wracking, watching them race against the clock to save the world. :D

      Delete