Monday, November 7, 2022

Review: Nightfall in the Garden of Deep Time by Tracy Higley

About the Book (From author's website)
You’re invited…
to a timeless party in a Secret Garden.
Expect to come back transformed.


Kelsey Willoughby doesn’t have time to pursue her writing dreams. Imagination doesn’t pay the bills, and she’s busy saving her beautiful bookshop from online competition, hotel developers, and the sneaking suspicion that nobody reads anymore.

Not to mention all those voices telling her she doesn’t have talent.

But then the vacant lot of weeds next door starts to shimmer.

When Kelsey stumbles into a luminous nighttime garden party, larger than the vacant lot that holds it and filled with enigmatic guests, she suspects they hold the key to saving the bookshop, and perhaps even to her own mysterious origins.

But answers aren’t forthcoming, not until Kelsey is willing to confront her past, step into her potential, and push deeper into the unknown edges of the garden, where an unexpected journey takes her into a world of dangerous revelation.


MY THOUGHTS

This was such a beautiful book. I was immediately drawn in and captivated by this enchanting tale.

I really felt for Kelsey. She seemed to be getting bombarded on all sides with bad news. The negativity she received for being a dreamer, a Storyteller. For holding on to what others saw as futile. The way she was talked down to. Not to mention the everyday stresses of life. All of that can really wear a person down, and I could see that happening to her. She was so relatable and I couldn't help but root for her.

I can't say enough good things about this book. It will speak to anyone who's ever felt like they weren't good enough, who's been overlooked, who's been made fun of for their "silly" dreams, who's felt alone. It's for the creative in all of us. It's a book I know I'll want to read again and again. It's one of my favorites of the year. It's soul-lifting, inspiring, and encouraging. A must read! I'll be thinking about it for a long time to come.

I received an early copy of this book and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

FIVE STARS

4 comments:

  1. Excellent review, Ashley! You made me want to read it :) I added it to my Goodreads TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! That makes me happy! I hope you love it if you get a chance to read it. :D

      Delete
  2. Who hasn't ever doubted themselves when it comes to their dreams? This sounds like a good one; and I love the sound of that nighttime garden party! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nighttime garden party was epic! There were quite a few memorable names who showed up, so it was really cool seeing them and watching them help Kelsey along her journey. :D

      Delete