Monday, October 12, 2020

Review: Forsaken Island (The Dancing Realms #2) by Sharon Hinck

About the Book
On an uncharted world, happiness is effortless and constant ... but can true joy exist without sacrifice?

The people of Meriel have long believed their island world floats alone in the vast ocean universe, so they are astonished when another island drifts into view. With resources becoming scarce, Carya and Brantley quickly volunteer to search the new land for supplies.

After navigating a barrier of menacing trees, the pair encounter a culture of perpetually happy people who readily share their talents and their possessions. But all is not what it seems. At the core of the island is a horror that threatens everyone, including Brantley and Carya.

Freeing the villagers of the bondage they've chosen may cost Carya and Brantley more than they could have imagined. Even if the two succeed, they'll have to find a way to return to Meriel quickly ... or be cut off from their home forever.


My Thoughts

I absolutely loved Forsaken Island! It's book two in The Dancing Realms series and I definitely recommend reading book one, Hidden Current, before diving into this one.

Hidden Current is one of the best books I've read this year so I was extremely excited for this follow-up. Forsaken Island did not disappoint. It's just as stunning as the first one. It's got such a powerful and poignant message full of so many spiritual truths. I was left breathless by the sheer beauty of it all. It was so thought-provoking. I became so absorbed in it that I barely noticed the real world around me. It was just that good.

I highly recommend this series to everyone. It's unique and enchanting and unputdownable. I know I'll be thinking about it for a long time to come.

Five Stars

4 comments:

  1. Wow. This quite a recommendation! The idea of scarce resources and what people need to do to secure them is always an interesting premise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I always wonder what I'd do in those kinds of situations.

      Delete
  2. But now you have to wait for book #3! ;D

    ReplyDelete