Monday, March 2, 2020

Review: The Land Beneath Us (Sunrise at Normandy #3) by Sarah Sundin

About the Book
In 1943, Private Clay Paxton trains hard with the US Army Rangers at Camp Forrest, Tennessee, determined to do his best in the upcoming Allied invasion of France. With his future stolen by his brothers' betrayal, Clay has only one thing to live for--fulfilling the recurring dream of his death.

Leah Jones works as a librarian at Camp Forrest, longing to rise above her orphanage upbringing and belong to the community, even as she uses her spare time to search for her real family--the baby sisters she was separated from so long ago.

After Clay saves Leah's life from a brutal attack, he saves her virtue with a marriage of convenience. When he ships out to train in England for D-day, their letters bind them together over the distance. But can a love strong enough to overcome death grow between them before Clay's recurring dream comes true?
 


My Thoughts

The Land Beneath Us was another beautiful and poignant tale from the master of WWII romance, Sarah Sundin. It's the final book in the Sunrise at Normandy series that follows the Paxton brothers. This time the spotlight was on youngest brother Clay and, I've gotta say, it's my favorite of the trilogy.

I loved both Clay and Leah. They were such a good pairing and I liked how they started out as friends first. Leah was infinitely likable from the very start. She had such a sweet demeanor and positive attitude. Her pure joy for books and the Lord really shined. She had endured a lot in life, faced many tragedies and setbacks, but she never let it get her down. I really admired her positivity and her ability to see the bright side in every situation, no matter how bad it was. And Clay! Swoon-alert! He's such a good, honorable, and upstanding guy. I can't say enough good things about him.

I love when an author can transport me back in time and Sundin does that with every one of her books. I know I say this every time, but the historical details are so spot on. I can't even imagine the amount of research she must do. I so appreciate that attention to detail.

The Land Beneath Us was a brilliant conclusion to this series. I highly recommend it to everyone and can't wait to check out whatever Sundin comes out with next.

Five Stars

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't have pictured a more perfect way to end it. It was so good! :)

    ReplyDelete