Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Can't Wait Wednesday: Spiders From Mars (Sylvia Stryker Space Case #4) by Diane Vallere

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Spiders From Mars (Sylvia Stryker Space Case #4) by Diane Vallere releasing May 5.

About the Book
When Sylvia Stryker’s mentor is jailed for a crime Sylvia helped commit, she jumps on a plan to break him out. Her inspired rescue mission attracts attention from a covert branch of federation intelligence who may have their own agenda. But when a high-profile prisoner is murdered inside the jail where Neptune is held, offers of help evaporate like water on a dry planet. Neptune is moved to a penal colony on Mars where he’ll fulfill the duration of his life sentence mining rocks in sub-zero temperature.

There’s only one way out: prove Neptune is innocent. But is he? Sylvia knows better than anyone that Neptune will cross lines other people won’t. Without knowing what transpired in the prison, she can’t know if he’s complicit or not. Sylvia uses her sleuthing skills to solve a locked room mystery . . . while knowing the truth may keep Neptune locked up forever.
 

Why I Need It
This is one of my favorite cozy mystery series. When I saw that a new one was coming out I got super excited. There's nothing quite like a cozy set in space! It's so unique and quite funny too! I can't wait to see what these characters are up to now!

What upcoming release are you eagerly anticipating?

14 comments:

  1. Oooh! This looks like an interesting book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cover just makes me happy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the first one in this series but haven't read it. I agree that the covers are really so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll really like the series. It's so great! :)

      Delete
  4. It sounds like a great mystery series!

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard of this series, but love that cover! Hope you get it soon!
    Check out my Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
  6. How have I not heard of this series?! I have to give it a try. I hope you love this one when you read it. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you stay safe and well, too! :D

      Delete
  7. That title is awesome and terrifying. I hate spiders. I hope you enjoy it!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I'm curious about how the title comes into play. :)

      Delete