Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Can't Wait Wednesday: The Socialite by J'nell Ciesielski

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring The Socialite by J'nell Ciesielski releasing April 14.

About the Book
Glamour, treachery, and espionage collide when an English socialite rushes to save her sister from the Nazis.

As the daughter of Sir Alfred Whitford, Kat has a certain set of responsibilities. But chasing her wayward sister, Ellie, to Nazi-occupied Paris was never supposed to be one of them. Now accustomed to the luxurious lifestyle that her Nazi boyfriend provides, Ellie has no intention of going back to the shackled life their parents dictate for them—but Kat will stop at nothing to bring her sister home.

Arrested for simply trying to defend himself against a drunken bully, Barrett Anderson is given the option of going to jail or serving out his sentence by training Resistance fighters in Paris. A bar owner serves as the perfect disguise to entertain Nazis at night while training fighters right below their jackboots during the day. Being assigned to watch over two English debutantes is the last thing he needs, but a payout from their father is too tempting to resist. Can Barrett and Kat trust each other long enough to survive, or will their hearts prove more traitorous than the dangers waiting around the corner?

Why I Need It
I'm always looking for new and interesting WWII fiction so I was excited when I came across The Socialite. The cover is gorgeous and it sounds so good. I'm really hoping Kat can save her sister and make her see the error of her ways.

What upcoming release are you eagerly anticipating?

10 comments:

  1. This does sound like an interesting book! I am always intrigued by stories like this. I hope that you love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a lot of WWII fiction out there right now, isn't there? I hope this one is as good as it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the sounds of this one!!

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like an interesting read! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very curious about this one. I've got an eARC and I'm hoping it'll be a favorite, but I'm trying to go in with no expectations.

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I'm so jealous, lol! I hope you love it! Thanks for coming by, Tressa! :)

      Delete