Monday, September 24, 2018

Review: Hazardous Duty (Squeaky Clean Mysteries #1) by Christy Barritt

About the Book
Buying a gun to kill your wife: $3,000
Hiring Trauma Care to clean afterward: $1,500
Having that same cleaner uncover evidence that frames you: Priceless

On her way to completing a degree in forensic science, Gabby St. Claire drops out of school and starts her own crime scene cleaning business. “Yeah, that’s me,” she says, “a crime scene cleaner. People waiting in line behind me who strike up conversations always regret it.”

When a routine cleaning job uncovers a murder weapon the police overlooked, she realizes that the wrong person is in jail. But the owner of the weapon is a powerful foe . . . and willing to do anything to keep Gabby quiet.

With the help of her new neighbor, Riley Thomas, a man whose life and faith fascinate her, Gabby plays the detective to make sure the right person is put behind bars. Can Riley help her before another murder occurs?


My Thoughts

I've read quite a few of Christy Barritt's books, but none of the Squeaky Clean Mysteries. I thought it was way past time to remedy that and I've gotta say, I absolutely loved Hazardous Duty! It was fantastic! It was quirky, hilarious, and featured an eccentric and lovable cast of characters. It was extremely fast paced and kept me turning the pages as quickly as I could. There were many times when I'd tell myself that I needed to put it down. I had other things that needed to be done, but there was no way I could stop. I had to find out what happened next. I highly recommend this book to mystery lovers everywhere and can't wait to start book two!

Five Stars

2 comments:

  1. I love the premise of this one! I'd totally read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fun read and it's free right now in ebook format. Can't beat that, lol! Thanks for coming by, Lark! Hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete