Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday: Kill the Beast: Book One of the Beast Hunters by Michele Israel Harper

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Kill the Beast: Book One of the Beast Hunters by Michele Israel Harper releasing September 25, 2018.

About the Book
Kill the Beast: Book One of the Beast Hunters

Ro remembers the castle before. Before the gates closed. Before silence overtook the kingdom. Before the castle disappeared. Now it shimmers to life one night a year, seen by her alone.

Once a lady, now a huntress, Ro does what it takes to survive—just like the rest of the kingdom plunged into despair never before known.

But a beast has overtaken the castle. A beast that killed the prince and holds the castle and kingdom captive in his cruel power. A beast Ro has been hired to kill.

Thankful the mystery of the prince’s disappearance has been solved, furious the magical creature has killed her hero, Ro eagerly accepts the job to end him.

But things are not as they seem.

Trapped in the castle, a prisoner alongside the beast, Ro wonders what she should fear most: the beast, the magic that holds them both captive, or the one who hired her to kill the beast.

A Beauty and the Beast retelling.

Why I Need It
Beauty and the Beast retellings are my favorite! I read the prequel novella Beast Hunter a few months ago and really enjoyed it. It got me super excited for the full length novel. I can't wait to dive into it!

What upcoming release are you excited about?

17 comments:

  1. Ooh! Retellings! I love retellings! Awesome pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! They're a ton of fun! Thanks for coming by, Ronyell! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love a good re-telling! I hope this is a great read for you.

    Here is my CWW: https://jennifertarheelreader.com/2018/09/05/i-cant-wait-for-cant-wait-wednesday-waiting-on-wednesday-girlhermes-harperbooks-cantwaitwednesday-tarheelreader-themermaidandmrshancock/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  3. Not long to wait now! I admit it does sound fantastic. I hope it lives up to our expectations :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad it comes out soon! Thanks for visiting, Sassy! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  4. Forgot to add my link... lol; super excited!!

    Here is my Wednesday Post. Happy Hump Day!

    Sassy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite fairy tale so this is going on my wishlist for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks for stopping by, Barb! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  6. That cover grabbed me. Retellings are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is so great! Thanks for visiting, Suzie! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  7. I like the sound of this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like a unique take on Beauty and the Beast, so I'm excited! Thanks for coming by, Lark! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  8. Looks awesome! Love that cover w/ the misty forest and her badass crossbow! And why does the castle only appear one night a year?

    This looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious about that castle too! So mysterious! Thanks for visiting, Greg! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  9. This sounds really interesting.

    I've been waiting for Wildcard since April, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to read Warcross, lol. It's on my TBR, but I can't seem to find the time to read it which is a bit frustrating. The whole series sounds amazing, though.
      Thanks for stopping by, Brooke! Happy reading! :)

      Delete