Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday: Emerald Illusion by J. Rodes

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring Emerald Illusion by J. Rodes releasing October 25, 2018.

About the Book
Abrielle used to dream of a different life. Adventure. Romance. Hope.
Not of Kansas.

Now, after the loss of her mother and a move she didn’t want to make, she’s lost the will to dream anymore, let alone believe in her father’s Somedays.

But a swirling wind, a wall of leaves, and a blinding darkness literally transform her world.

She and both of her brothers, Brogan and Matteaus, are swept from Kansas to someplace beyond—to a desert in which everything is watery-brown, including the sky and the light of the weak sun. Abrielle finds herself in the middle of a realm everyone had heard of but no one believed existed. Except this version is rundown and broken, void of color and hope. Not much different from her view of life in Kansas.

When she gathers her bearings, she discovers her youngest brother is missing, lost in a land that is foreign and dying. Finding Matteaus becomes her sole focus, but when she and Brogan meet a boy named Levi, who only adds more mystery to this world that shouldn’t exist, she finds out this kingdom is much more perilous than the children’s book ever told.
Matteaus is in great danger.

There is nothing safe about Oz.

Why I Need It
Everything about this sounds AMAZING and it's written by one of my favorite authors, J. Rodes AKA Jennifer Rodewald. Plus, how absolutely stunning is that cover? I am SO excited for this book!

What upcoming release are you excited about?

16 comments:

  1. Ooh a different take on Oz. This sounds unique and I agree- nice cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So unique! I'm really looking forward to seeing a different side of Oz. Thanks for coming by, Greg! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh! I love the look of the cover of this book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fantastic, right? Thanks for visiting, Ronyell! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm looking forward to this to! Jen writes some great books!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really does! Thanks for coming by, Suzie! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure why I never heard of this before yesterday. It sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! Thanks for stopping by, Brooke! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to have it out in the world! <3 Thank you for this!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, Jen! I'm so excited for it! Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  6. Everything about this book does sound amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! I can't wait! Thanks for coming by, Lark! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a pretty good take on Oz! Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to read about this 'Oz'. Thanks for stopping by, Nicci! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  8. What an intriguing premise, Ashley - I love the sound of this one! Many thanks for sharing it and I hope you enjoy it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, S J! I've been super intrigued by this since I first saw it and am so anxious to start reading it! Thanks for coming by! Happy reading! :)

      Delete