Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Review: Placebo (The Jevin Banks Experience #1) by Steven James

About the Book
While covertly investigating a controversial neurological research program, expose filmmaker Jevin Banks is drawn into a far-reaching conspiracy involving one of the world's largest pharmaceutical firms. After giving up his career as an escape artist and illusionist in the wake of his wife and sons' tragic death, Jevin is seeking not only answers about the questionable mind-to-mind communication program, but also answers to why his family suffered as they did.

Rooted in ground-breaking science and inspired by actual research, Placebo explores the far reaches of science, consciousness, and faith. Readers will love this taut, intelligent, and emotionally gripping new thriller from master storyteller Steven James.



My Thoughts

Placebo was an action-packed, exciting, thrill ride of a novel. There was never a dull moment. It's one of those books that is almost impossible to put down. It's the first Steven James book that I've read, but it definitely won't be my last. It's written in a way that's utterly compelling and had me turning the pages as fast as possible. From the first sentence to the last, I was hooked. Though there were times when things got technical with all the scientific explanations, it didn't hinder my enjoyment one bit. It was extremely interesting, even if I didn't understand it all, lol. I'd highly recommend Placebo to anyone who enjoys thrillers. I'm can't wait to start reading book two, Singularity.

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment