Friday, May 11, 2018

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Unblemished by Sara Ella

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring Unblemished by Sara Ella. This book has been languishing on my TBR pile for quite some time. Since the conclusion to this series released this past Tuesday, I thought I should really get started on the first book. And so far, it's amazing!

About the Book
Eliyana can’t bear to look at her own reflection. But what if that were only one Reflection—one world? What if another world exists where her blemish could become her strength?

Eliyana is used to the shadows. With a birthmark covering half her face, she just hopes to graduate high school unscathed. That is, until Joshua hops a fence and changes her perspective. No one, aside from her mother, has ever treated her like he does: normal. Maybe even beautiful. Because of Joshua, Eliyana finally begins to believe she could be loved.

But one night her mother doesn’t come home, and that’s when everything gets weird. Now Joshua is her new, and rather reluctant, legal Guardian. Add a hooded stalker and a Central Park battle to the mix and you’ve gone from weird to otherworldly.

Eliyana soon finds herself in a world much larger and more complicated than she’s ever known. A world enslaved by a powerful and vile man. And Eliyana holds the answer to defeating him. How can an ordinary girl, a blemished girl, become a savior when she can’t even save herself?

Book Beginning
This is all my fault.

Friday 56 (56% on my Kindle)
I bend over, breathing deep, reining in my hysterics. I can hardly see through my tears of laughter.

What have you been reading lately?

14 comments:

  1. This one looks kind of interesting. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good so far. Thanks for stopping by, Breana! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. This book sounds interesting and I love the cover. So pretty and purple!

    My Book Beginnings & The Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this cover so much! Thanks for visiting, Stephanie! Have an awesome weekend! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, sounds great! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “EVERY NOTE PLAYED”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying it. Thanks for stopping by, Laurel-Rain! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

      Delete
  4. This does sound intriguing. It is new to me. This week I am highlighting The Queen of Sorrow by Sarah Beth Durst. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty unique and has shocked me a few times with a few twists. Good, so far. Thanks for coming by, Kathy! Have an amazing weekend! :)

      Delete
  5. Very intriguing snippets!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Freda! Happy weekend to you too! :)

      Delete
  6. I don't know if it's just me, but it's really hard for me to focus on the title and author on that cover... the description sounds good though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lot going on in the cover. Thanks for visiting, Lauren! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  7. Hope you enjoy, Ashley. I'm so looking forward to seeing how El's story ends in Unbreakable. :)

    Currently, I'm reading a secular YA contemporary, and SO ready to finish it (been turtle reading it) so I can finish Tammy L. Gray's latest novel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying Unblemished. It's so unique and has lots of shocking twists that I didn't see coming. It's so good! I should've finished it by now, but real life has been getting in the way of my reading time.

      Tammy L. Gray's newest novel sounds awesome! Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by, Rissi! :)

      Delete