Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday: More Than Meets the Eye by Karen Witemeyer

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm featuring More Than Meets the Eye by Karen Witemeyer releasing June 5, 2018.

About the Book
Many consider Evangeline Hamilton cursed. Orphaned at a young age and possessing a pair of mismatched eyes--one bright blue, the other dark brown--Eva has fought to find her way in a world that constantly rejects her. Yet the support of even one person can help overcome the world's judgments, and Eva has two--Seth and Zach, two former orphans she now counts as brothers.

Seeking justice against the man who stole his birthright and destroyed his family, Logan Fowler arrives in 1880s Pecan Gap, Texas, to confront Zach Hamilton, the hardened criminal responsible for his father's death. Only instead of finding a solitary ruthless gambler, he discovers a man not much older than himself with an unusual family. When Zach's sister, Evangeline, insists on dousing Logan with sunshine every time their paths cross, Logan finds his quest completely derailed. Who is truly responsible for his lost legacy, and will restoring the past satisfy if it means forfeiting a future with Evangeline?

Why I Need It
I'm not usually a fan of westerns, but I just adore Karen Witemeyer's books. They are always SO good. She has a way of drawing me into her stories and I instantly connect with the characters.

What upcoming release are you eagerly anticipating?

10 comments:

  1. Nice, hope it's a good one. Certain authors just have that way of drawing us in to their stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly do. Love those kinds of authors. Thanks for visiting, Greg! :)

      Delete
  2. I could use a good cowboy story. I am curious as to what happened with Logans family all those years ago. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super curious about that too! Thanks for stopping by, Jenea! :)

      Delete
  3. I got my copy of this one in the mail yesterday! Cannot wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that's exciting! Hope you enjoy it! Thanks for coming by, Suzie! :)

      Delete
  4. I like the books I've read by Witemeyer. She writes fun books. I'll be adding this one to my list. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books are so much fun! I think my favorite is Short Straw Bride. So good! Thanks for stopping by, Lark! :)

      Delete
  5. Oooh! I love the look of this cover! Great pick!


    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is great, isn't it? Thanks for coming by, Ronyell! :)

      Delete