Friday, May 4, 2018

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Placebo (The Jevin Banks Experience #1) by Steven James

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring Placebo (The Jevin Banks Experience #1) by Steven James. It's action-packed, exciting, a little weird at times, but oh so good! 

About the Book
While covertly investigating a controversial neurological research program, expose filmmaker Jevin Banks is drawn into a far-reaching conspiracy involving one of the world's largest pharmaceutical firms. After giving up his career as an escape artist and illusionist in the wake of his wife and sons' tragic death, Jevin is seeking not only answers about the questionable mind-to-mind communication program, but also answers to why his family suffered as they did.

Rooted in ground-breaking science and inspired by actual research, Placebo explores the far reaches of science, consciousness, and faith. Readers will love this taut, intelligent, and emotionally gripping new thriller from master storyteller Steven James.


Book Beginning
September 24
Heron Bay, New Jersey
1:12 pm
You are there when they recover the bodies.

Friday 56 (56% on my Kindle)
I'm lying on my side on the X-ray table finishing the second of four X-rays of my ribs when my phone rings. The technicians had asked me to leave it on a counter inside the protected area where they were working, but even from here I recognize the ringtone.

What have you been reading lately?

12 comments:

  1. Sounds great. Enjoy. I'm reading The Square and the Tower by Niall Ferguson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by, Bev! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. Not something I'd normally read but it has piqued my interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super interesting. Thanks for visiting, Lynn! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  3. This sounds intriguing! I'd love for you and your readers to check out mine! https://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviews5418

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Thanks for coming by, Lisa! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  4. Not my usual read, but now I'm curious. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE BOOK CLUB”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first book by Steven James. It's very hard to put down. Thanks for stopping by! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy it. This week I have a cozy mystery - Flowers and Foul Play by Amanda Flower. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I just finished Flowers and Foul Play. Loved it! Hope you're enjoying it! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  6. This sounds intriguing!!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Freda! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete