Thursday, April 5, 2018

Review: Faraway Castle Novellas- Cinder Ellie & The Little Siren by J.M. Stengl

Cinder Ellie

Bestselling romance novelist J.M. Stengl steps into the realm of fairy tales with this sparkling new series of love, laughter, light, and—of course—magic.

Trained by an enchantress but obliged to work summers for her living, fifteen-year-old Ellie Calmer serves as a maid at a world-famous mountain resort. Her lowly rank keeps her always at a distance from the powerful, beautiful guests who spend their summers at Faraway Castle, yet Ellie dares to dream of one day exchanging even just a few words with shy Prince Omar of Khenifra.

But when rare magical creatures show up in Faraway Castle’s gardens, Ellie’s life is suddenly complicated. Cinder sprites are causing fires and potentially endangering the beautiful resort. The resort director has sent for an exterminator to deal with these so-called pests. Can Ellie find a way to use her humble magic to save the cinder sprites and Faraway Castle before disaster strikes?

CINDER ELLIE is a prequel novella to J.M. Stengl’s FARAWAY CASTLE series. Recommended for fans of Marissa Meyer, Melanie Dickerson, K.M. Shea, and Chanda Hahn.


My Thoughts

What a fun and cute novella! I'm a sucker for Cinderella retellings and this story puts a unique twist on the classic tale. The world where it takes place is so enchanting and I loved that it had more of a modern feel to it than medieval. There's so many interesting magical creatures! From Brownies to cinder sprites to pixies and so many more! I loved it! I'm really intrigued to learn even more about Ellie's magic. And the Lake Monster! I'm so curious about what the story is with it! I can't wait to read more about Faraway Castle!

Four Stars


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The Little Siren

When independent-minded Kamoana encounters a human boy in danger, she knows she should have nothing to do with him. As a siren, she is forbidden even to speak to humans, let alone rescue one. But how can Kamoana simply watch the boy die and do nothing to save him?

Get This Book for Free by Signing Up for J.M. Stengl's newsletter.







My Thoughts

I started reading this immediately after I finished Cinder Ellie. I just can't get enough of this world. The Little Siren was just as good, maybe even a little better than Cinder Ellie. It was so much fun! I loved the characters. Kammy and Tor are so likable. Plus, I really like the fact that Tor isn't the 'typical' love interest. He's super endearing. I'm excited for the full length novel, The Siren and the Scholar. It can't come out soon enough!

Four Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment