Thursday, April 12, 2018

Review: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

About the Book

Harry Potter's life is miserable. His parents are dead and he's stuck with his heartless relatives, who force him to live in a tiny closet under the stairs. But his fortune changes when he receives a letter that tells him the truth about himself: he's a wizard. A mysterious visitor rescues him from his relatives and takes him to his new home, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

After a lifetime of bottling up his magical powers, Harry finally feels like a normal kid. But even within the Wizarding community, he is special. He is the boy who lived: the only person to have ever survived a killing curse inflicted by the evil Lord Voldemort, who launched a brutal takeover of the Wizarding world, only to vanish after failing to kill Harry.

Though Harry's first year at Hogwarts is the best of his life, not everything is perfect. There is a dangerous secret object hidden within the castle walls, and Harry believes it's his responsibility to prevent it from falling into evil hands. But doing so will bring him into contact with forces more terrifying than he ever could have imagined.

Full of sympathetic characters, wildly imaginative situations, and countless exciting details, the first installment in the series assembles an unforgettable magical world and sets the stage for many high-stakes adventures to come.


My Thoughts

Yay! I finally read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone! Why haven't I read it before now? Or watched the movies? I have no idea. I literally have no explanation – none. I wish I would've read it sooner, though, because it was awesome! It was everything good that I've heard about it and so much more. It's one of those books that completely sucked me in and the real world faded away. I couldn't put it down. It was SO GOOD! I can't wait to start the second book!

Five Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment