Friday, April 6, 2018

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Space Drifters: The Emerald Enigma by Paul Regnier

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring Space Drifters: The Emerald Enigma by Paul Regnier. This is not a book I would normally pick up and read, but I saw it when it was on sale and decided to give it a chance. I'm so glad I did! It's so good, so funny! A great read!

About the Book
Space heroes or cosmic rejects?

Captain Glint Starcrost is not having the carefree, adventurous life the space academy brochures promised star pilots.

Broke, with an unreliable star freighter and a bounty on his head, Glint is desperate enough to try anything. Even set out on a quest to find a fabled good luck charm, the Emerald Enigma.

Now for a crew. A passive aggressive ship computer, a peaceable alien warrior, and time-traveling teen from the past aren’t what he had in mind. But they’ll have to do.

The Emerald Enigma won’t wait forever and neither will the bounty hunter tracking him.

Book Beginning
Waking up to a fleet of Zormian star pirates surrounding my ship was yet another reminder that my life was not going as planned.

Friday 56 (56% on my Kindle)
I moved to the far wall and peered through a seam in the door. Beyond was the expansive, glass domed hangar where my ship sat, ready to carry us to freedom.

What have you been reading lately?

14 comments:

  1. This does sound like a fun one. This week I am featuring Lord of the Pies by Nell Hampton - a nice cozy mystery. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I love cozies. Checking it out now. Thanks for stopping by, Kathy! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like there will be adventures aplenty. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE GARDEN OF SMALL BEGINNINGS”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Lots of adventures! Thanks for coming by, Laurel-Rain! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  3. Star pirates has me intrigued. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely intriguing! Thanks for stopping by, Freda! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a funny version of Star Wars. Are you enjoying the book? My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! I'm really looking forward to reading the other books in the series too. Thanks for visiting, Anne! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  5. I just watched to science fiction movies. Now I want to read some books about space adventures! LOL

    My Friday 56 from The Battle For Darracia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! The characters in this book go on quite the adventure! Thanks for coming by, Laura! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  6. Ok, this is going to have to go on my tbr. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! Thanks for visiting, Lauren! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  7. I always like or can't resist the mention of a jewel. the good luck charm stands out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I like that too. Thanks for coming by, Tea! Happy reading! :)

      Delete