Monday, July 15, 2024

Review: Tracking Tilly: The Little Red Truck Mysteries #1 by Janice Thompson

About the Book
Who Stole Tilly from the Auction Block?

Breathe in the nostalgia of everything old red truck in book one of a new cozy mystery series.


The Hadley family ranch is struggling, so RaeLyn, her parents, and brothers decide to turn the old barn into an antique store. The only thing missing to go with the marketing of the store is Grandpa’s old red truck, Tilly, that was sold several years ago. Now coming back up on the auction block, Tilly would need a lot of work, but RaeLyn is sure it will be worth it—if only she can beat out other bidders and find out who stole Tilly after the auction ends. Hadley finds herself in the role of amateur sleuth, and the outcome could make or break the new family venture.


MY THOUGHTS

This was a fun and sweet cozy mystery. I can always count on Janice Thompson to deliver a heartwarming, faith-filled story that makes me laugh and leaves a big smile on my face. This story achieved that and so much more. I enjoyed it so much!

I loved how focused on family this story was. The Hadleys were a great group of people who I instantly loved. They were entertaining to read about, and I liked seeing the genuine love they had for each other.

This was a murder-free mystery, which was nice for a change. I was very intrigued by the mystery. Who stole Tilly? And why? There were plenty of viable suspects with motive, and I never could narrow down the suspect list.

This was exactly the right book at the right time for me. I needed a lighthearted and fun story, and this fit the bill perfectly. If you’re in the mood for a light cozy mystery set in a charming small town that's filled with likable characters, you’ll love this book.

I received a copy of this book and voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and comments are my honest opinion.

4.5 STARS

4 comments:

  1. A murder-free mystery? That is a nice change. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I love a good murder mystery, but this was a nice for a change. :D

      Delete
  2. love the idea of a cozy mystery that's heartwarming and family-focused. The Hadleys seem like a fun bunch, and a mystery without a murder is a refreshing change. I'll definitely keep this one in mind when I need a light, feel-good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good change of pace after reading a heavy and intense book before. :)

      Delete